Old May 20th, 2006, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Saudi Arabia opens its doors to tourists

Dave Smith wrote:
eetinBelgië wrote:

Saudi Arabia hopes to attract a million visitors a year with the help
of a new tourism visa.

Eighteen approved tour operators in the kingdom have begun offering
visa services as part of a series of tourism initiatives announced last
week at the Arabian Travel Market in Dubai. The Saudi government is
also to begin issuing permits for tour guides from next month.

I bet that people will be lining up to go to a country that has previously barred tourists and keeps foreign workers in housing
compounds partly for their own safety and partly to stop them from polluting Saudis with their infidel beliefs. I can't myself
wasting my time and money to go a land of sand, sun and Islamic extremists.

I wonder how many are Islamic extremists, and I wonder how many of them
resort to violence.
Do you have some figures ?

It's about time they invited tourists to propagate their infidel
beliefs.