Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD[_3_]

Default At least 4 jets strand Conn. passengers for hours

In message someone claiming to be Fly Guy
typed:

But with regard to holding me on a plane for 7 hours against my will,
here we have a corporation (a legal person) interfering with my
liberty. Unless this has already been dealt with by the supreme court,
I say that it's high time that it should be.

First off, let me say that I agree completely; however, I'm going to
play devil's advocate a bit here.

So here's the question: Say someone takes it to court and the court
rules that people have the unqualified right to leave whenever they
want. Now what?

You're flying from city X to city Y, you've landed in city Z and are
stuck on a plane for 6 hours and decide to leave. What's your next
move?

--
It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to
steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.