Old April 12th, 2013, 05:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Default So who's made an effort ...

Bert wrote:

In Frank Hucklenbroich
wrote:

Norway is a different story, but most of the people there speak pretty
good english (like in most of Scandinavia).

I was startled by the fact that the Norwegians I had a chance to talk to
spoke what was essentially American idiomatic English, often with very
little accent.

Your Norwegian accent might be pretty smooth if you had exposure to
Norwegian language media daily (including popular music), with
subtitles... and had it backed up with lessons from an early age at
school.

(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
"[Do you think the world learned anything from the first
world war?] No. They never learn." -Harry Patch (1898-2009)