Old March 4th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Bjorn Olsson

wrote in message roups.com...
Bjorn Olsson wrote:

Maybe so. I am not really interested in the rules. I am interested in
what works well in practice. If I am spending a single day in Moscow,
I don't find it reasonable to spend half of it on visiting OVIR, and

won't do it if no-one is showing any interest in enforcing this silly
rule.

The reason why this example works fine in practice is that you don't
need to register your visa in order to stay there for one day.

Yes. So why do you say that you "would exit Russia from somewhere it
is
reasonable that you can reach in a day trip from the closest town
included in your visa"?

Even if you stay there for several days, you
will not need to spend any time at thwe OVIR office, as the hotel might
do this for you.

You are incorrectly assuming that I am staying at a hotel.

Everybody knows that Russian
aparatsi are obsessed by formulars, stamps and papers.

IME they usually handle all papers with a yawn and a quick glance. To
require papers is not the same as being obsessed with them.

Bjorn