Old November 28th, 2008, 05:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz,rec.sport.rugby.union
Giovanni Drogo

Default A-Z of English words with surprising origins

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, Hatunen wrote:

consonants are significant, I'm always puzzled by the fact in English
you write "regatta" with 2 t's, while in Italian we write "regata" with
one t.

The answer is quite simple: "regatta" is an English word,
"regata" an Italian word.

As "film", "pullover", "box", "murales" and "peones" are all italian
words ? :-)

is a newsreading account used by more persons to