Old April 14th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

Default Ukraine!! What is the best country to visit in Europe?

In article ,
tim wrote:

What formalities? Comparing with, say, Russia, getting a visa to
Ukraine is a breeze. Visas for private visits don't even require a
letter of invitation. Put down a name and address on the application,
enclose a check for $100 and a FedEx envelope, send it off to the
consulate and you'll have your visa in 2 weeks, no questions asked.

this is not what the website says.

It says "Each application should be accompanied by a hotel
booking confirmation (tourist voucher) received from a hotel
in Ukraine. It should include the full name of a person and the
period for which booking has been made (a fax copy may be
accepted)."

That's for a tourist visa *only*. I am talking about a private visa.
Please take a look at http://www.ukremb.com/consular/visas.html

If you are a US or EU citizen, you don't need an invitation or a
hotel booking. All you need is an application, a photograph, a money
order for $100, and a FedEx envelope for them to return the passport.
I've done it, and I certainly didn't make any hotel bookings in advance.