Old June 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Ken Blake[_2_]

Default 'On-the-road restaurants in USA

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 20:20:19 -0500, "Keith"
wrote:

I didn't think to mention Chinese buffets in my last response, and in a
general sense they're probably your best bet. The better ones serve much
more than Chinese food, too. The last one we went to had some normally
pricey clam dishes (including clams on the half shell), shrimp (prawns) done
several ways, southern fried chicken and a lot of other non-Chinese things,

My experience is the same with regard to most of the above things.

including sushi and some Thai items.

I've only been to a few such places, but regarding sushi, yuck! I'm a
sushi lover, but I pass it up at these places.

They mostly have only sushi rolls, and very heavily americanized sushi
rolls--nothing traditional. And regarding nigiri sushi, they either
had nothing or a very few kinds. And none of the sushi was any good,
mostly because the rice was very Chinese, not Japanese sushi rice.

--
Ken Blake