Old August 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Shawn Hirn

Default Cheap car rental in SF bay area?

In article ,
"void" wrote:

Later this month I'm going to need a car for 6 days to drive around the SF
bay area. The big name companies (e.g. Hertz, Budget, Dollar) are
charging between $300-$350 total for a small car for 6 days. I found a
car rental comparison site and they said a company called Pacific Car
Rental charges around $200. This seems dubious as the web site for
Pacific Car Rental only lets you pick 2004 and 2005 for rate checking.

So should I just go with one of the big names or is there a cheaper option?

Take a look at http://www.southwest.com

You do not need to book air travel there in order to book a rental car.
Southwest tends to have the lowest prices for rental cars.