Old November 14th, 2007, 01:44 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
John Kulp

Default Japan - new immigration procedures (2)

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:08:35 -0800, PeterL wrote:

On Nov 13, 7:56 am, (John Kulp) wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:38:41 -0000, "Gerald Oliver Swift"

wrote:
As of November 20, 2007, foreign nationals entering Japan will be required
to provide fingerprints and a facial photograph using special equipment and
then be interviewed by an immigration officer. For further information,
refer to the links below - which are now properly inserted!

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/ke...ine_070925.pdf

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/ke...you/video.html

Gerry

Well, this will really speed up things at an already slow Narita

I don't know why that will be the case. Right now everyone is
interviewed by an immigration officer anyway. You take 5 more seconds
to look into a camera, and put your finger on an optical reader.

I've never been interviewed by on there. Simply stamped my passport
and move me on. Is this a one time thing or do you have to do this
each time you enter?