Old February 5th, 2004, 02:39 PM
nobody

Default SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBCRadio)

Oelewapper wrote:
Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying on Iraq - on BBC radio:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/audio/geoffhoon.ram
Sensational. Incredible stuff... !!!!

Well, there is nothing that is terribly new in that 20 minute broadcast. Just
confirms suspicions that
1- the intelligence knew there was no international threath
2- ministers and Bliar made sure they had deniability.

I think was was more telling was teh former speaker (his name espaces me) who
admitted in parliament yesterday that he knew about it and had personally told
Bliar prior to resigning his post.

Mr Bliar may claim his aides didn't tell him. But he can't deny that he wasn't
told by others, he can't deny he wasn't told by other world leaders, he can't
deny that he wasn't told by Blix and El Baradei that none of the so called
intelligence they were given panned out.

And all this happened before the illegal invasion began.

Both Bliar and Bush deserve to be tried for war crimes. Their invasion of Iraq
was just as legal as Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, or Argentina's invasion of the
Falklands. And you should include the leaders of spain and australia in that
war crime tribunal. They are personally responsible for more deaths than those
who perished on 9-11, especially outside the USA since these leaders did not
have any popular support for their crime.