Old October 5th, 2008, 12:48 AM posted to rec.travel.air
James Robinson

Default New 30-40 seats regional?

wrote:

James Robinson wrote:

wrote:

I flew a -400 last year in Europe and I was impressed. Every bit as
comfortable or even more so than a 737. Noise was minimal (I like
the sound of a prop plane anyway.) and the ride was smooth.

I certainly prefer it to the CRJ clunkers I've ridden in..cramoed
and narrow.

That's psychological. They both have the same fuselage diameter and
seats.

No offense but I don''t consider 17" by 31" seats (Uniited CRJ 200) to
be the same as 18" by 34" on the DASH I flew (Augsberg Airlines)

You were originally commenting on the two aircraft models, not the seats.
The CRJ has the same fuselage diameter as the Dash 8, so they both take
similar seats. The choice of the specific types of seats and their
spacing is up to the airlines.

Therefore, your comments should have been directed at the airlines, and
not the aircraft models. Instead, you should have said that you
preferred the seating on Augsberg Airlines to that on United.