New Orleans Hotels ?

Old May 10th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Beowulf

Default New Orleans Hotels ?

New Orleans, October around Halloween, never been there -- any tips on how
I can get a nice hotel without paying too much? I will need two rooms, one
for me and another for a friend. I would like something not too noisy and
without roaches (LOL), would like to pay $100/night but I suppose I could
go to $150 (or is this just not reasonable? maybe hotels in New Orleans
are more expensive?). We plan to take in Halloween in New Orleans, see
haunted tours, tour cemetery, look at old mansions, etc. besides the
usual taking in of a Jazz club and eating. THANK YOU in advance for any
tips.

I do not have a hotel discount card or anything like that -- should I
consider joining some sort of hotel discount club? I have taken up travel
more this past year and plan to do anywheres from 1 to 3 vacations a year
now.

Old May 11th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Unless there is a big convention it should be doable in the quarter.
Even if there is you can move out a bit. Try one of the discount sites
as you get closer.

Old May 11th, 2004, 07:46 AM

Check out the Avenue Garden Hotel on the streetcar route in the Garden
District.

Old May 14th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Brian Wasson

I've stayed at the Renaissance Arts Hotel in the Warehouse District,
which is very nice (but pricey... around $170/night). Also, at the
Quality Inn Midtown, which has low prices but has seen better days (I
wish I would have read the reviews on TripAdvisor before I booked the
Quality Inn).

One tactic I've used sucessfully in big convention towns like New
Orleans is to poke around the Web a bit and find a convention
scheduled for the time you will be there. Usually there will be
negotiated rates with hotels, and you can call up and book the hotel
at the convention rate (just say you are with the convention).

Brian W.
Philadelphia, Pa., USA
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Henry B.

French Quarter is pretty pricey both for food and lodging but the center of
excitement so you don't need a car.It's ALWAYS a fun town.
Hank

Old May 18th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Andy Lee

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...8&h tid=40852

that's where i stayed last time. It was alright, an old warehouse
But cheap, and within a safe walking distance to French quarter
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Todd Kunioka

(Andy Lee) wrote in message om...
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...8&h tid=40852

that's where i stayed last time. It was alright, an old warehouse
But cheap, and within a safe walking distance to French quarter

The Ambassador Hotel. I stayed there the last [and only] time I was
in New Orleans. It was way cheaper than anything else in the area.
Before booking, I read several reviews of the hotel, and would tend to
agree with the theme of what appeared the It's cheap, and you get
what you pay for. Had I paid "full" price, I woudl have felt ripped
off. But, given what I paid, the low water pressure was not a
turnoff. And the location worked for me.

It is walking distance to Harrah's and the aquarium, and also a couple
of street car stops.

TK
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Raoul Duke

Try Le Pavillon, located on Poydras street. It's not in the quarter proper,
but you are only a five minute walk from there. It's an older hotel that
has been recently renovated. It is very well appointed, and the staff is
friendly. It's a much better deal than some of the larger chains in the
area.

RD