BA to offer more connections to Africa

Old January 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Default BA to offer more connections to Africa

Chilly8 wrote:

A number of the "budget" airlines, most notably Southwest,
do not publish their schedules on Expedia, Travelocity, or
any of the major travel sites, so I have to rely on UT for
schedules from these airlines, so I updates the schedules
often from these flight sim download sites.

If you want to fly WN, why go to Expedia?

Are you Proggie's son?
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

"Jeff" wrote in
. net:

"Chilly8" wrote in message

"Gilberto Cidade" wrote in message

http://www.flandersnews.be/cm/flande...1227_BA_Africa

SN Brussels Airlines will have a worldwide network like its
predessor, Sabena, did. One Ultimate Traffic schedule I
downloaded for SN shows there will eventually be flights
to Boston, Dallas, Chicago, and JFK, using A330 aircraft. There
are a lot of future routes that you can download into UT
now.

All of these cities were previously served by Sabena from BRU

And the future schedule I downloaded shows on daily
flight into Hellinokin airport, in Athens. Actually, it
shows flights into both Hellinokin and Venezielos
airports, using A320 aircraft. Since this future
schedule I downloaded shows one daily flight
into Hellinokin on SN, than that shows that I am
right, when I say that Athens has two airports.
The flight into Hellinokin, when it begins
operations, will leave Brussels daily at 11:45AM
and arrive at Hellinokin at 4:07 PM. I show one
flight to Hellinokin (ATX) and three into Venezielos
(ATH) on a daily basis.

It appears that will eventually have an A340 aircraft, as
the schedule shows a flight from Brussels to NRT on
an Airbus A-340.

The schedule shows flights between Kinshasa and
Brussels on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. To
Kigali, I see three flgihts per week, one on Friday,
and two in Monday.

Chilly8, ever the idiot, has confused the old and out of business
Sabena and the current Brussels Airlines with the SN Virtual Airlines
Group, which is for simulator pilots and publishes virtual schedules under
SN which combine flights from both airlines. Nice to play games with, but
totally unrealated to the real world. Chilly8 has a major problem
understanding the difference between reality and simulation.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

"Chilly8" wrote in :

If the tanks were filled to 100 percent, when leaving Papeete, then
Santiago De Cuba would be my first alternate of choice, it is the one
other airport that can handle a 747. A 747 needs a 10,500 ft
runway to take off again, and HAV and Santiago De Cuba have
runways that are long enough.

And the legally required reserves are 1 hour. If I drop below the
1 hour required reserve in FS Passengers I will be docked points.
So based on that, I will go with 1 hour being the legally required
reserve.

Total BULL ****. You're just sticking your head further and further
up your ass.

If a 747 needs 10,500' to take off, Boeing could NOT deliver any of
them to their customers. Paine Field, where Boeing builds the 747, does
not have a 10,500' runway. It doesn't even have a 10,000' runway. You've
been told this before, you moron. Maybe it will finally sink in. Go to
the Boing web pages. They give the performance specs for a 747.

Legally required reserves are the higher of the ICAO reserves or the
airlines OPSPECs. Most common is 1 hour, which is what your game uses.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.air
d.g.s.

On 1/1/2008 2:50 PM Marty Shapiro ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

"Chilly8" wrote in :

[usual lunatic crap]

Total BULL ****. You're just sticking your head further and further
up your ass.

Marty, why do you enable this cretin? He's clearly a delusional moron
incapable of separating his dimwitted little sim fantasy world from
reality. Killfile the useless, worthless troll.
--
dgs
Old January 1st, 2008, 11:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

"d.g.s." wrote in
:

On 1/1/2008 2:50 PM Marty Shapiro ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

"Chilly8" wrote in :

[usual lunatic crap]

Total BULL ****. You're just sticking your head further and
further
up your ass.

Marty, why do you enable this cretin? He's clearly a delusional moron
incapable of separating his dimwitted little sim fantasy world from
reality. Killfile the useless, worthless troll.

I've considered that and do ingore some of his posts. But when he
gives out totally erroneous information, someone needs to correct him.
There are many people who come to a forum like this looking for information
and assholes like Chilly8 end up misleading them.

I'm willing to listen to your opion and others. Should erroneous
information by this asshole be corrected or just ignored and let others get
burned if they follow it? Maybe an autoresponder with somehting like
"Chilly8 is a simulator moron who knows nothing about the real world.
Reliance on anything he claims in any of his posts may well cause problems
for yourself. All his knowlege of flight schedules and aircraft operation
come from games and he is too incompetent verify it with real airline
schedules or aircraft manufacturer's performance specification provided on
their web sites. He gets off by misleading anyone who reads his posts."

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old January 2nd, 2008, 01:09 AM posted to rec.travel.air
d.g.s.

On 1/1/2008 3:52 PM Marty Shapiro ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

"d.g.s." wrote in
:

On 1/1/2008 2:50 PM Marty Shapiro ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

"Chilly8" wrote in :

[usual lunatic crap]

Total BULL ****.

Marty, why do you enable this cretin? He's clearly a delusional moron
incapable of separating his dimwitted little sim fantasy world from
reality. Killfile the useless, worthless troll.

I've considered that and do ingore some of his posts. But when he
gives out totally erroneous information, someone needs to correct him.
There are many people who come to a forum like this looking for information
and assholes like Chilly8 end up misleading them.

Point. Chillbrain's computer needs to shut down permanently and
catastrophically.

I'm willing to listen to your opion and others. Should erroneous
information by this asshole be corrected or just ignored and let others get
burned if they follow it?

Can you honestly imagine anybody with a lick of common sense not being
able to figure out that Chillbrain's deck is shy a few cards, and that
he's clearly a drooling slobbering moron?

Maybe an autoresponder with somehting like
"Chilly8 is a simulator moron who knows nothing about the real world.
Reliance on anything he claims in any of his posts may well cause problems
for yourself. All his knowlege of flight schedules and aircraft operation
come from games and he is too incompetent verify it with real airline
schedules or aircraft manufacturer's performance specification provided on
their web sites. He gets off by misleading anyone who reads his posts."

I suppose that would be simpler, and it would be smarter than the utter
futility of actually attempting to engage the dimwitted nutjob.
--
dgs
Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:34 AM posted to rec.travel.air
d.g.s.

On 1/1/2008 6:07 PM Chilly8 ignored two million years of human evolution
to write:

Well, one point

Error: you are incapable of making a point. STFU, you useless
blithering idiot. Go play in the middle of an eight-lane highway.
--
dgs
Old January 2nd, 2008, 06:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Marty Shapiro wrote:

Again, your response totally ignores the situation where you are at
max range, 30 minutes out from your destination, and have to divert. Where
are you going to go if you are in a 747 30 minutes out from Havana so you
will still have your legally required reserves when you start your approach
at your alternate.

If flying PPT-HAV, you wouldn't normally fly over the US.
To get to the US would require flying past Cuba
If you need fuel before getting to HAV, woudn't you stop at CUN or CZM?

For reference, use the great circle mapper at
http://gc.kls2.com/
Old January 2nd, 2008, 06:34 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Chilly8 wrote:

Well, one point of my post was that if you do not LIVE in the
United States, the Cuba travel restrictions DO NOT APPLY
to you, even if you are a U.S. citizen.

WRONG. If you really don't know this, look at the info on the OFAC website.

The ability to evade detection is not the same thing as the restrictions
not applying.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:05 AM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl[_2_]

"Mr. Travel" wrote in message
Marty Shapiro wrote:

Again, your response totally ignores the situation where you are at
max range, 30 minutes out from your destination, and have to divert.
Where are you going to go if you are in a 747 30 minutes out from Havana
so you will still have your legally required reserves when you start your
approach at your alternate.

If flying PPT-HAV, you wouldn't normally fly over the US.
To get to the US would require flying past Cuba
If you need fuel before getting to HAV, woudn't you stop at CUN or CZM?

I'm fairly sure there will never be a Papeete-Havana flight. It can't see
how it would make any economic sense.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore