GGC2007 Introduction

Old January 23rd, 2006, 03:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default GGC2007 Introduction

Greetings to all

I'm Gary Wells, Chairman and CBW (chief bottle washer) for the GGC2007
planning committee.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be soliciting for committee member
volunteers, taking all kinds of ideas for dicussion and plugging along
towards what will undoubtedly be another in a wonderful series of
GGC's. We'll get a Website started this week, and have already opened
up the YAHOO discussion group GGC_2007 for ideas and input.

My Bio: I'm a 50-something (aww c'mon, some things have to remain a
mystery) first level manager at an Air Traffic Control facility in
Colorado. I love traveling, whether on 2 wheels, 4 wheels, in the air,
or on the water with a keel and furling jib or with 1,500 of my closest
friends and a long buffet line. I have dreams of seeing exotic places
and meeting new cultures and new friends. My soon-to-be bride and I
are so looking forward to new places and adventures, and we foresee
including a cruise nearly every year or as often as other big plans
don't conflict (like a 3 week motorcycle trip to New Zealand in 2009
:-) ).
While I only have 2 previous cruises to my credit (HAL and NCL) I am
still 'avid' about cruising and have been learning a lot from my time
on the GGC2006 committee. I stand ready to go and honored to be
chairing this planning group for the 2007 Great Group Cruise.

I am anxious to get rolling on the initial planning: committe
selection, ship, and itinerary.

It's a pleasure to meet you, and thank you in advance for your support
and encouragement.

Let's cruise in '07 !!

Gary Wells

Old January 23rd, 2006, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Tyger wrote:
[...]

You go, Gary! Three cheers for Gary! Here's to Gary and his
soon to be named committee, and to the GGC_2007!

Ermalee

Old January 23rd, 2006, 04:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Tyger" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings to all

I'm Gary Wells, Chairman and CBW (chief bottle washer) for the GGC2007
planning committee.

Thanks for accepting the GGC 2007 Chairmanship, Gary!
With your enthusiasm and energy...you are already off to a good start!
Will peek in on you and your progress after we return from the MSC Opera and
Celebrity Infinity cruises.

--Jean