UK terror plot consequences

Old August 11th, 2006, 09:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Bob Barnett

Default UK terror plot consequences

Mxsmanic wrote:

Jeff Hacker writes:

And Hezbollah started this by crossing over into Israel and kidnapping
Israeli soldiers. . . .

That's quite a retaliation for a couple of kidnappings. But I've
already pointed out how Israel always overreacts.

If you were the one kidnapped, you wouldn't think they were overreacting.
The Hizbollochs knew the Israelis would react, but as usual, they
underestimated their willpower to punish terrorist ragheads

Old August 11th, 2006, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Bob Barnett writes:

If you were the one kidnapped, you wouldn't think they were overreacting.

The opinions of anyone influenced by emotion are suspect.

Old August 11th, 2006, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

nobody writes:

Funny, I had heard it was Hamas that had kidnapped 2 Israeli soldiers
who were in Gaza ( a territory that was handed back to palestine) and
Israel then started to bomb Lebanon to pieces to prevent Hamas from
handing them to Hezbollah who would then send them to Syria. (which si
why Israel started by bombing civilian infrastructure such as airports
and bridges).

It sounds like a comedy sketch.

Obviously, different media in the world report this very differently.

Yes, I learned that when I moved to Europe and was exposed to
something other than just U.S. news media.

Old August 11th, 2006, 11:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Bob Barnett

Mxsmanic wrote:

Bob Barnett writes:

If you were the one kidnapped, you wouldn't think they were overreacting.

The opinions of anyone influenced by emotion are suspect.

You really are pathetic

Old August 11th, 2006, 11:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Pete

And today, Bush, the idiot, went one step further by blaming ISLAM
(islamic fashists). Insult a religion and see how fast its members start
to hate you even more.

I am not even close to a Bush fan, but you need a lesson in English
comprehension. If Bush would have blamed "Islam", "Muslims", or
"followers of Islam", then he would have insulted a religion. However,
he blamed Islamic Fascists, a distinct subset of Muslims.

Pete

Old August 11th, 2006, 11:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Pete

all the shops at the airport will go bust with no airport sales they
must be suffering massive losses of sales. airports rely on these sales
.if you cant take anything on board they will all have to shut down .
except what you take in your belly .

Airside shops are open and doing better-than-usual business.

You and I must live on different planets.
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...ail-usat_x.htm

Pete

Old August 12th, 2006, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_1_]

Mxsmanic wrote:

Jeff Hacker writes:

And Hezbollah started this by crossing over into Israel and kidnapping
Israeli soldiers. . . .

That's quite a retaliation for a couple of kidnappings. But I've
already pointed out how Israel always overreacts.

They crossed into Israel, kidnapped 2 and killed 8 soldiers.
What do you think the reaction of Syria would be if Israel did this?
Old August 12th, 2006, 12:18 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

mrtravel writes:

They crossed into Israel, kidnapped 2 and killed 8 soldiers.
What do you think the reaction of Syria would be if Israel did this?

A formal protest.

Old August 12th, 2006, 12:35 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Karen Selwyn

Pete wrote:

Airside shops are open and doing better-than-usual business.

You and I must live on different planets.
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...ail-usat_x.htm

Follow the link to a Washington Post article for a different point of
view. The article highlights the three distinctly different outcomes
for luggage shops, personal care stores, and beverage retailers in the
airport.

Karen Selwyn