Cell Phone on Cruise to Alaska?

Old May 9th, 2004, 06:32 PM
0 O

Default Cell Phone on Cruise to Alaska?

VERIZON suggests the we call *288 at least every 3 months to update your
service.

Old May 9th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Tom & Linda

Linda bought some of those a few years ago... you have to remember to plug
it in before you drive every time.

We ended up never using it. The speaker phone option on the phone works
much more conveniently.

--Tom

"sheree" wrote in message
t...
i've had hands free for ages. Plugs into the cigarette lighter and

charges
the phone at the same time.

--
Sheree

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
t...

"sheree" wrote in message
I've checked with Verizon. THey told me they do have coverage in

Juneau
and
Anchorage. Other areas are spotty.

If you have national plan, it's included. Make sure your phone has

the
right capabilities. The new ones do.

And if you get a new phone in NJ, make sure it has a built in speaker

phone.
NJ is supposed to implement a law that prohibits driving with a cell

phone
up to your ear in June IIRC.

--Tom

Old May 9th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Tom & Linda wrote:
"sheree" wrote in message

I've checked with Verizon. THey told me they do have coverage in Juneau

and

Anchorage. Other areas are spotty.

If you have national plan, it's included. Make sure your phone has the
right capabilities. The new ones do.

And if you get a new phone in NJ, make sure it has a built in speaker phone.
NJ is supposed to implement a law that prohibits driving with a cell phone
up to your ear in June IIRC.

Hi Tom, I thought this was already in effect here in NJ??

sue

Old May 10th, 2004, 12:17 PM
sheree

i use mine all the time! phone gets plugged in every time I go in the car.
mic is on my visor. i like that it charges the phone all day.

i'm in my car alot! got the 1200 min plan!

was in your neck of the wood today. surprisingly not much traffic

--
Sheree

t...

"sheree" wrote in message
t...
i've had hands free for ages. Plugs into the cigarette lighter and

charges
the phone at the same time.

--
Sheree

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
t...

Old May 11th, 2004, 01:50 AM
Tom & Linda

"sheree" wrote in message
et...
i use mine all the time! phone gets plugged in every time I go in the

car.
mic is on my visor. i like that it charges the phone all day.

i'm in my car alot! got the 1200 min plan!

was in your neck of the wood today. surprisingly not much traffic

I know. It was weird. Not a lot of traffic going to work or coming home at
night.

We only got 800 minutes in the family plan. I use about 10. The kids use
about 5 each. Linda takes care of the rest.

--Tom