Will I Be Disappointed?

Old May 10th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Tuesday

Default Will I Be Disappointed?

I am thinking of booking a cruise on Dawn Princess. Southern Caribbean.

I have read mixed reviews. Anyone here been on this ship? Good or ba
comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Old May 11th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Tom & Linda

"Tuesday" wrote in message
I am thinking of booking a cruise on Dawn Princess. Southern Caribbean.

I have read mixed reviews. Anyone here been on this ship? Good or ba
comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

She's a gorgeous ship. I love the style. It's one of my very favorite
classes of ship. We were on her about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, she was
about 4-5 years old and starting to show some wear and tear (and now she's
even older yet). Our cabin steward left a lot to be desired. We had a
biological experiment going on in the shower. Food was exceptional, but
since then we heard people complain about a serious decline in food on
sister ship Sea Princess doing the same itinerary. We had gone on Ocean
Princess - the newest of the sister ships at the time - the year before and
were totally in heaven. Ocean was only about 2 months old at the time. As
an older sister, Dawn was a bit of a let down the next year.

I love the class of ship and the overall design. I'm just not sure how good
they're taking care of her.

--Tom

Old May 11th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Howie

Tom & Linda wrote:

"Tuesday" wrote in message

I am thinking of booking a cruise on Dawn Princess. Southern Caribbean.

I have read mixed reviews. Anyone here been on this ship? Good or ba
comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

She's a gorgeous ship. I love the style. It's one of my very favorite
classes of ship. We were on her about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, she was
about 4-5 years old and starting to show some wear and tear (and now she's
even older yet). Our cabin steward left a lot to be desired. We had a
biological experiment going on in the shower.

hmmm? That might be interesting, Tom.

Howie

Old May 11th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Tom & Linda

"Howie" wrote in message

Tom & Linda wrote:

"Tuesday" wrote in message

I am thinking of booking a cruise on Dawn Princess. Southern Caribbean.

I have read mixed reviews. Anyone here been on this ship? Good or ba
comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

She's a gorgeous ship. I love the style. It's one of my very favorite
classes of ship. We were on her about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, she

was
about 4-5 years old and starting to show some wear and tear (and now

she's
even older yet). Our cabin steward left a lot to be desired. We had a
biological experiment going on in the shower.

hmmm? That might be interesting, Tom.

Howie

Mold and mildew and who knows what else.

Not that interesting.

--Tom

Old May 11th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Charles

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Mold and mildew and who knows what else.

Not that interesting.

Could be the worlds next wonder drug.

--
Charles
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:14 AM
Howie

Charles wrote:

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Mold and mildew and who knows what else.

Not that interesting.

Could be the worlds next wonder drug.

You betcha!

Old May 11th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Tom & Linda

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Mold and mildew and who knows what else.

Not that interesting.

Could be the worlds next wonder drug.

--
Charles

Mold (penicillin) and mildew are ancient history.

They've moved on to things like the venom of pit vipers (fer de lance) from
which they ultimately isolated captopril - an ace inhibitor for blood
pressure, aztreonam - which they got from a soil sample from the NJ Pine
Barrens, and Taxol - from the bark of a Pacific Yew tree.

--Tom

Old May 11th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Howie

Tom & Linda wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Mold and mildew and who knows what else.

Not that interesting.

Could be the worlds next wonder drug.

--
Charles

Mold (penicillin) and mildew are ancient history.

They've moved on to things like the venom of pit vipers (fer de lance) from
which they ultimately isolated captopril - an ace inhibitor for blood
pressure, aztreonam - which they got from a soil sample from the NJ Pine
Barrens, and Taxol - from the bark of a Pacific Yew tree.

--Tom

Relax Tom. We ain't buyin pharmaceuticals on rtc. We're just having
fun, and some are really sharing information, opinions, and biases about
cruising. Some are talkin trash, others gps, etc.

Howie

Old May 11th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Tom & Linda

"Howie" wrote in message

Relax Tom. We ain't buyin pharmaceuticals on rtc.

Bonine?

Dramamine?

--Tom