How to travel between Banff and the nearest Amtrak station.

Old May 19th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Dennis Switzer

Default How to travel between Banff and the nearest Amtrak station.

If this is truly your preferred means of transport, I think Shelby Montana
would be your nearest Amtrack station. Greyhound Lines run to Calgary
through Lethbridge and then on to Banff.. Reverse route also holds to Shelby
Dennis
"Richard" wrote in message
"Tom Box" wrote in message
"Richard" ) writes:
"Don Saklad" wrote:

What transportation services are there between Banff and
the nearest Amtrak station?...

Banff is in Canada, Amtrak is in the US.

You might want to look into VIA which is the rail service in
Canada.

VIA hasn't gone to Banff since 1990.

I never said otherwise.

Richard

Old May 20th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Lawrence Hughes

Neither is there Greyhound Lines service to Shelby. See my other post for
details.

Madonna wrote:

Madonna wrote:

Hmmm, seems Amtrak doesn't go to Great Falls anymore! The Empire
Builder train now stops at Shelby MT (with a bus connection to Great
Falls or Butte). The Eastbound train gets there at 5h22PM, the
westbound train at 11h43AM. ... And greyhound leaves from Shelby at
10h45AM !!!
( http://www.amtrak.com/trains/timetable/0404p07.pdf )

That's quite a bad integration of public transportation schedules.
I wonder if Amtrak is trying to kill Greyhound or vice-versa.

3200 people in Shelby, so not much excitement to wait for the bus.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Shelby-Montana.html

You can sleep at the Comfort Inn. 405 Wilson Ave
http://shelbymt.areaguides.net/gohotels.html

(There's also an Amtrak Thruway connection run by Rimrock Stages
1-800-255-7655)

Old May 20th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Madonna

Lawrence Hughes wrote:
Neither is there Greyhound Lines service to Shelby. See my other post for
details.

The schedule is on the Greyhound website and it doesn't mention Rimrock.
Rimrock's website is useless, and their 1-800-255-7655 number doesn't
work in Canada.
Old May 21st, 2004, 02:22 AM
Lawrence Hughes

The Greyhound Lines website lists the schedules from many different
carriers. You have to look at the detailed schedules (click on the schedule
number) and then look in the "Co." column. The code "RRS" means Rimrock
Trailways.