Vancouver restaurants

Old August 13th, 2004, 01:51 AM
Charles Hawtrey

Default Vancouver restaurants

Can anyone recommend good, cheap (or at least not-too-expensive)
restaurants in downtown Vancouver? I'm more interested in places that
are a little odd or characterful as opposed to gourmet fare.

Recommendations for good beer are welcome as always...

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we." - GW Bush, 5 August 2004
Old August 13th, 2004, 06:40 PM
PeterL

"Charles Hawtrey" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend good, cheap (or at least not-too-expensive)
restaurants in downtown Vancouver? I'm more interested in places that
are a little odd or characterful as opposed to gourmet fare.

Hon's on Robson Street. Chinese, big dinning hall with kitchens around it.
Stick to the noodles and rice plate dishes.

Old August 13th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Király

Charles Hawtrey wrote:
Can anyone recommend good, cheap (or at least not-too-expensive)
restaurants in downtown Vancouver? I'm more interested in places that
are a little odd or characterful as opposed to gourmet fare.

Go to Tsunami Sushi on Robson Street for a unique sushi bar. The sushi
plates float by you in a little "moat" that separates the seating from
the chefs. When you see something floating by that looks interesting,
just take the tray! When you're done the staff will count up your
colour-coded little trays and know how much to charge you.

K.

Old August 13th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Dave Smith

Charles Hawtrey wrote:

Can anyone recommend good, cheap (or at least not-too-expensive)
restaurants in downtown Vancouver? I'm more interested in places that
are a little odd or characterful as opposed to gourmet fare.

Recommendations for good beer are welcome as always...

On one visit to Vancouver we ate at a place called the 9th Street Grill
which was quite interesting and reasonable. On another trip I ate at the
Boat House Restaurant near the airport and had an excellent meal. They
had several locations in the are and on a subsequent trip we ate at the
one near English Bay. The salmon I ordered was a little overcooked, and
when I complained about it they comped the desserts.