Do You Need Travel Insurance?

Old December 16th, 2007, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Roger Callen

Default Do You Need Travel Insurance?

Travel insurance can be an inexpensive way to protect yourself and
your children in case of an emergency. In addition, some insurance
companies provide services with their plans that include round-the-
clock support during unexpected emergency situations.It's on You!

http://blentoo.com/travel-insurance
Old December 16th, 2007, 09:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gerry[_3_]

On Dec 16, 3:13 pm, Roger Callen wrote:
Travel insurance can be an inexpensive way to protect yourself and
your children in case of an emergency. In addition, some insurance
companies provide services with their plans that include round-the-
clock support during unexpected emergency situations.It's on You!

http://blentoo.com/travel-insurance

If you are contemplating purchasing travel insurance, be sure to read
the policy carefully so you know what is and what is not coverage.
Last
spring I missed a flight because a snow storm had caused the DOT to
close the highways. When I tried to collect on the insurance, I was
told
that it was NOT covered. An expensive lesson. Remember, the big print
giveth and the small print taketh away.

Gerry
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory C. Read[_2_]

"Gerry" wrote in message news:b0bbf34e-8c6d-40b1-aad2-
If you are contemplating purchasing travel insurance, be sure to read
the policy carefully so you know what is and what is not coverage.
Last
spring I missed a flight because a snow storm had caused the DOT to
close the highways. When I tried to collect on the insurance, I was
told
that it was NOT covered. An expensive lesson. Remember, the big print
giveth and the small print taketh away.

Gerry

Who was the policy with?

--
Greg

Old December 17th, 2007, 06:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

(Gerry) wrote:

If you are contemplating purchasing travel
insurance, be sure to read the policy carefully
so you know what is and what is not
coverage.

For someone my age, most insurance policies have a 3 month "exclusion"
clause for health problems. ...If you're over 80, it jumps up to 6
months.

A good point to remember is: If you go to the Dr. during this 3 month
time period, make sure you inform him not to write anything down, in so
far as any medical condition which could arise during the cruise.
IE: don't have him officially change any prescription strengths... For
example: if the Dr. raises your blood pressure prescripton, and you have
a heart attack while on the cruise, the insurance company won't pay,
'cause they'll say your "unstable" BP may have been the contributing
factor towards causing your heart attack.

And rest assured... The insurance companies "do" check out your medical
history... And "they will" grasp at any straws.

I had a kidney stone come down on the last night of a cruise... The
cost was $4,500. ...But had I needed an operation, it probably would
have been $45,000 -- or more.

Unfortunately, most people think that because they buy travel insurance,
they're covered -- no matter what. And the insurance brokers aren't
going to tell you differently; all they want is your money. ...Jon

Old December 17th, 2007, 09:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Never used to get travel nsurance,but since getting older we now will
not cruise without it,our medical coverage does not include outside the
u.s.a.,so it is necessary for us in case of emergency.

cruise lover

Old December 18th, 2007, 01:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

clint wrote:

The cow and I like Access America(we are both seniors and a mess)

So they cover livestock (pig and cow)? Nice.

Bill