Miami and Celebrity Cruise.....What to do?

Old January 21st, 2007, 01:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
David[_8_]

Default Miami and Celebrity Cruise.....What to do?

I need your suggestions for what to do when our plane arrives at the
Miami airport at 9:30 and the Celebrity, Century tells us not to board
until 2pm.

If you have experience with this cruise line and ship, is it true that
we really can't board until 2pm? Usually a cruise line will say that
but they let you board after 11pm.

Would you suggest that we take a taxi directly to the Celebrity terminal
or take a tour of town? We have never been to Miami. Is there a
limousine service that anyone knows about to tour us around town for a
few hours? We have not bought the ship transfers as of yet. Our cruise
is mid-February.

Please make any suggestions as to what to do in Miami if we indeed have
to wait 4 hours to board.

Thanks in advance,
Lori
Old January 21st, 2007, 01:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , David
wrote:

If you have experience with this cruise line and ship, is it true that
we really can't board until 2pm? Usually a cruise line will say that
but they let you board after 11pm.

I have found the cruise lines boarding start times averages around
noon. Some might start at 11:30. Others 12:30.

--
Charles

Old January 22nd, 2007, 04:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:39:10 -0500, David
wrote:

I need your suggestions for what to do when our plane arrives at the
Miami airport at 9:30 and the Celebrity, Century tells us not to board
until 2pm.

If you have experience with this cruise line and ship, is it true that
we really can't board until 2pm? Usually a cruise line will say that
but they let you board after 11pm.

Would you suggest that we take a taxi directly to the Celebrity terminal
or take a tour of town? We have never been to Miami. Is there a
limousine service that anyone knows about to tour us around town for a
few hours? We have not bought the ship transfers as of yet. Our cruise
is mid-February.

Please make any suggestions as to what to do in Miami if we indeed have
to wait 4 hours to board.

Thanks in advance,
Lori

By the time you get your luggage and all, it will probably be at least
45 minutes later even if the plane is on time.
You could see if there would be a way to leave your bags and go to
Parrot Jungle Island. I'm assuming you are leaving from Miami.

Old January 22nd, 2007, 10:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mel[_1_]

David wrote:
I need your suggestions for what to do when our plane arrives at the
Miami airport at 9:30 and the Celebrity, Century tells us not to board
until 2pm.

When did the Century start sailing from Miami? When we sailed her in
99 she departed from Ft. Lauderdale...

Old January 23rd, 2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Lori T.

Mel wrote:
David wrote:
I need your suggestions for what to do when our plane arrives at the
Miami airport at 9:30 and the Celebrity, Century tells us not to board
until 2pm.

When did the Century start sailing from Miami? When we sailed her in
99 she departed from Ft. Lauderdale...

We are sailing out of Miami on a 4 night cruise to Key West and Cozumel.

Thanks to all.................any other ideas?
Old January 28th, 2007, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Lori T. wrote:
Mel wrote:
David wrote:
I need your suggestions for what to do when our plane arrives at the
Miami airport at 9:30 and the Celebrity, Century tells us not to board
until 2pm.

When did the Century start sailing from Miami? When we sailed her in
99 she departed from Ft. Lauderdale...

We are sailing out of Miami on a 4 night cruise to Key West and Cozumel.

Thanks to all.................any other ideas?

When are you sailing? I just booked the same 4 day Century cruise for
2/15 and decided to make President's Day an even longer weekend!
Anyhow, if you're on my sailing let me know!!

Jeff

Old January 28th, 2007, 06:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dory Samuels

David
We lived in Miami many years and always loved visiting Viscaya Museum &
Gardens. A beautiful "palace" and close to the port. It is a "must
see" in my opinion. Go to google to check it out.

~Dory~

Old January 28th, 2007, 07:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

(Dory Samuels) wrote:

David
We lived in Miami many years and always loved visiting Viscaya Museum &
Gardens. A beautiful "palace" and close to the port. It is a "must
see" in my opinion. Go to google to check it out.

~Dory~

Just be aware that they no longer allow photos inside. (They did
allow them in the late 60s which was the first time we went)
http://p.vtourist.com/1557938-Vizcay...yard-Miami.jpg

There is a small cafe on the grounds where you can get lunch.

If you like gardens and art, and are going to be in Miami this spring,
I'd advise going to Fairchild Gardens which currently has a big
beautiful exhibition of Chihuly glass.

December 9, 2006 – May 31, 2007
Chihuly at Fairchild
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Coral Gables, Florida
http://fairchildgarden.org/events/chihulyatfairchild/

Old January 28th, 2007, 11:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:24:00 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote:

Just be aware that they no longer allow photos inside. (They did
allow them in the late 60s which was the first time we went)
http://p.vtourist.com/1557938-Vizcay...yard-Miami.jpg

There is a small cafe on the grounds where you can get lunch.

If you like gardens and art, and are going to be in Miami this spring,
I'd advise going to Fairchild Gardens which currently has a big
beautiful exhibition of Chihuly glass.

December 9, 2006 – May 31, 2007
Chihuly at Fairchild
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Coral Gables, Florida
http://fairchildgarden.org/events/chihulyatfairchild/

We saw it in May and enjoyed the exhibition. We didn't even know it
was there until we got there.