Mobile's First Year-Round Cruise Program!

Old December 16th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Mobile's First Year-Round Cruise Program!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Carnival and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Carnival's 'Fun Ship' Holiday To Launch Mobile's First Year-Round
Cruise Program In Fall 2004

MIAMI, Dec. 16
Carnival Cruise Lines, the world's largest cruise operator, will
launch the first year-round cruise program from the Port of Mobile
when the 1,452-passenger Holiday begins four- and five-day western
Caribbean cruises in October 2004.

On this new program, the 46,052-ton "Fun Ship," which operated a
series of voyages from Mobile in spring 2002, will sail on four-day
cruises to Cozumel and five-day cruises to Cozumel and Calica/Playa
del Carmen or Costa Maya beginning Oct. 16, 2004. Including the
Holiday's new schedule from Mobile, Carnival will operate from 19
different North American homeports -- the most in the cruise industry.

"When we inaugurated 'Fun Ship' cruising from Mobile aboard the
Holiday in 2002, the response was simply overwhelming. We anticipate
the same level of success when the Holiday returns to Mobile to
operate the port's first year- round cruise program," said Bob
Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

"The Port of Mobile is an ideal cruise departure point, offering a
convenient location that is within a day's drive of thousands of
southeastern U.S. residents. That, combined with the tremendous
support and enthusiasm from port, city and community officials,
particularly Mayor Mike Dow, Director of Waterfront, Cruise
Development and Special Projects Al St. Clair, Chairman of the Cruise
Task Force Mike Lee, and Retirement Systems of Alabama CEO Dr. David
Bronner, solidified our decision to deploy the Holiday from Mobile,"
he added.

Mobile's First Year-Round Cruise Program

On Oct. 16, 2004, the Holiday will kick off Mobile's first year-round
cruise program, consisting of four- and five-day cruises to the
western Caribbean.

Four-day cruises provide the ideal weekend getaway, departing
Thursdays and returning Mondays. Voyages call at Cozumel, a tropical
island known for its excellent shopping, gorgeous white-sand beaches,
and legendary watering holes. Two different five-day cruises will also
be offered, each offering guests the opportunity to visit two sunny,
tropical Caribbean destinations in less than a week's time.

The five-day itinerary departing Mondays and returning Saturdays will
feature Cozumel and Calica/Playa del Carmen; while five-day cruises
departing Saturdays and returning Thursdays visit Cozumel and Costa
Maya. In addition to beautiful beaches, both Calica/Playa del Carmen
and Costa Maya offer a diversity of watersports opportunities,
including scuba diving, snorkeling and kayaking.

Signature "Fun Ship" Amenities

The Holiday offers a wide range of "resort-style" facilities and
features. Housed within the ship's eight passenger decks are three
swimming pools, a cascading water slide, an Internet cafe, and a
comprehensive golf program offering professional instruction both
aboard ship and during golf excursions. A children's play area, part
of the line's top-rated "Camp Carnival" program, is featured, as well.

Three restaurants, including two main dining rooms, a casual poolside
eatery offering breakfast, lunch and dinner alternatives and a 24-hour
pizzeria, and complimentary 24-hour stateroom service are also
available.

Ten lounges, bars and nightspots, including a piano bar and a
multi-level theater showcasing lavish Vegas-style productions are also
featured.

Pricing and Reservations

Carnival is currently accepting reservations on the Holiday's 2004
departures from Mobile. Prices for the four- and five-day cruises
start at $329 per person.

These cruises can also be purchased through Carnival's "Fun Finance
Plan(SM)," which enables consumers to extend their cruise payments
over 24 monthly installments. Certain restrictions apply.

Round-trip air transportation supplements from a variety of North
American gateways and special rates for third and fourth guests
sailing in the same stateroom are also available.

For additional information and reservations contact any travel agent.

Carnival Cruise Lines is a proud member of the exclusive World's
Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Holland
America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar
Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each
guest, and a commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal
to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets. Together, we offer an
exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable
destinations.
Old December 17th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Dave Beers

Ray,

This is outstanding news. I now have a cruise ship just a few hours away,
on the other end of the interstate. And I mean actually at the other end of
the road! From my house it is 5 miles to I-65, hang a left, and drive for
350 miles to Mobile, then take the right to the state docks.

I wish it was a newer ship, but I'll take what I can get for a long weekend
cruise.

Dave Beers

Old December 17th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Thomas Smith

You can also get more info at www.weartv.com. the ABC affiliate in Mobile,
AL/Pensacola, FL.

Tom Smith

Old December 17th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Thomas Smith

Here is the report from WPMI, the NBC affiliate in Mobile, AL with some more
info, including some local controversy.

http://www.wpmi.com/news/local/story...1-A72C154BD1EA

Tom Smith

Old December 17th, 2003, 06:16 AM
Thomas Smith

OK, OK, so the CBS people don't feel left out, here is the link to the
WKRG-TV story.
http://www.wkrg.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WKRG/MGArticle/KRG_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031772662257&pat h=!news!local

BTW, the direct link to the WEAR-TV (ABC) story is
http://www.weartv.com/news/Stories/d...ival1216.shtml