Watch out for "diving" scams

Old March 22nd, 2004, 03:14 PM
Living the dream

Default Watch out for "diving" scams

Who is this jerk that keeps posting spam about getting
a job in Asia as a "divemaster" after taking his diving
classes. What a crock! If money could be made as a
"divemaster" do you think he'd be spamming the usenet
with his scam offer of classes? Somebody ought to give
this guy a defective regulator on his next dive.

One man's spam is another man's rib-eye. I am looking at this NG's title.
Rec = recreation. Travel = travel. Asia = Asia. Offering courses that allow
the recreational traveler to come to Asia to get internationally certified
doesn't seem to clash with the aim of the NG. This isn't a scam; if people
want to come to Asia to get certified then continue to live and work in
Asia, how is this spam? I would equate it to walking into a shop that sells
travel insurance and them being offered a separate life insurance package
that caters to their needs. Is that spam or simply good cross-selling?
Either way, the courses offered are fully legit, PADI-certified courses and
represent an opportunity to expand one's horizons. As for my motivation,
it's known as marketing. I know plenty of Diva Masters who are more than
happy with their lot in Thailand. It's certainly not "another day in the
office."

Old March 22nd, 2004, 03:31 PM
Manfred Aigner

Living the dream wrote:

[..]that caters to their needs. Is that spam or simply good cross-selling?
Either way, the courses offered are fully legit, PADI-certified courses and
represent an opportunity to expand one's horizons.

How do a PADI certification expand the horizons? My impression was that
they give a certification to everybody that is able to pay for it
instead of beeing able to dive .... well - you're right, that expanded
my horizon ...

Manfred

Old March 22nd, 2004, 03:39 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Living the dream" wrote in message
Who is this jerk that keeps posting spam about getting
a job in Asia as a "divemaster" after taking his diving
classes. What a crock! If money could be made as a
"divemaster" do you think he'd be spamming the usenet
with his scam offer of classes? Somebody ought to give
this guy a defective regulator on his next dive.

One man's spam is another man's rib-eye. I am looking at this NG's title.
Rec = recreation. Travel = travel. Asia = Asia. Offering courses that

allow
the recreational traveler to come to Asia to get internationally certified
doesn't seem to clash with the aim of the NG. This isn't a scam; if people

Commercial spamming is absolutely forbidden. Loxinfo will also find this
spamming. If you do not stop it, your wire will be cut off.