Orlando vacation

Old September 12th, 2006, 04:54 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Danny Liberty

Default Orlando vacation

Hi,

Me and my GF are currently on a trip in the US and we have our
Orlando/Florida part of the vacation planned for the upcoming days
(Sep. 14th - 26). We've been following the weather and it seems to be
so-so. My question is, do you think we would be able to enjoy our visit
and see all the theme parks or would we be staying under cover from the
rain most of the day...I know this is not the best time of the year to
visit but this is our only oppurtunity so should we take it or not? (we
do have alternatives such as staying in the west coast).

Thanks!

Danny

Old September 12th, 2006, 05:50 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

In article .com,
Danny Liberty wrote:

Me and my GF are currently on a trip in the US and we have our
Orlando/Florida part of the vacation planned for the upcoming days
(Sep. 14th - 26). We've been following the weather and it seems to be
so-so. My question is, do you think we would be able to enjoy our visit
and see all the theme parks or would we be staying under cover from the
rain most of the day...

Well, AccuWeather is showing no rain predictions during that period,
although a lot of partly or mostly cloudy days. If you do get some
rain, whether it keeps you from enjoying your visit is mostly up
to you. Sure, if there were a lot of rain and it didn't stop, that
would limit your options. But otherwise, there are plenty of things
you can do at, say, Walt Disney World, during brief rainshowers.
Do an indoor ride or show. Go to one of the water parks, if the
weather is wet but still warm. Hang out at one of the hotels (some
of them are attractions in their own right). Have a leisurely meal.
Take a poncho and ride the rides that are open. Rain will drive a
lot of people away, shortening the lines for those who stay!

Patty

Old September 12th, 2006, 01:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected][_1_]

there are plenty of things you can do at, say,
Walt Disney World, during brief rainshowers.

Yes, there are lots of indoor attractions. I'd still go even if there
was rain in the forecast, although obviously it wouldn't be ideal.

James

Old September 12th, 2006, 03:05 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected][_1_]

Danny Liberty wrote:
Hi,

Me and my GF are currently on a trip in the US and we have our
Orlando/Florida part of the vacation planned for the upcoming days
(Sep. 14th - 26). We've been following the weather and it seems to be
so-so. My question is, do you think we would be able to enjoy our visit
and see all the theme parks or would we be staying under cover from the
rain most of the day...I know this is not the best time of the year to
visit but this is our only oppurtunity so should we take it or not? (we
do have alternatives such as staying in the west coast).

The rain situation is a bit unusual for most folks. We get rain
for
say 20 minutes a day. Sometimes at night, around dinner, it might
last for say an hour or so. For the morning, and most of the
afternoon,
you might get a 20 minute rain shower, but ultimately it clears
quickly.
Becareful in reading weather predictions. I joke frequently that
60% chance of rain means that there is a 100% chance of rain
in 60% of the county. Rain showers can be very localized. They
are created by the daily solar cycles, not as much by cold fronts.
Even cold fronts are usually fast moving and move through quickly.

The attractions know how to deal with the rain and generally deal
quite well with it. The most I'd say is get a good poncho and be
prepared in case you get caught outdoors. The problem won't
be the rain, it will be the humidity afterwards.