car rental in S. Pacific

Old September 12th, 2003, 07:33 PM
JM

Default car rental in S. Pacific

I am taking a Tahiti cruise and want to rent cars in
Papeete and Bora Bora. Are there any companies to avoid?
I searched on the typical sites like Travelocity, and companies
appear to have the familar names. Thanx -JM

Old September 12th, 2003, 08:15 PM
CupCaked

JM wrote:

I am taking a Tahiti cruise and want to rent cars in
Papeete and Bora Bora. Are there any companies to avoid?
I searched on the typical sites like Travelocity, and companies
appear to have the familar names. Thanx -JM

We got our rental cars right at the dock as soon as we tendered in, in
both ports. Very convenient pick up and drop off . . . no fuss, no
muss.

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old September 12th, 2003, 11:33 PM
PMM

Hi JM

CupCaked wrote:
JM wrote:

I am taking a Tahiti cruise and want to rent cars in
Papeete and Bora Bora. Are there any companies to avoid?
I searched on the typical sites like Travelocity, and companies
appear to have the familar names. Thanx -JM

We got our rental cars right at the dock as soon as we tendered in, in
both ports. Very convenient pick up and drop off . . . no fuss, no
muss.

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Advance reservation for sure on Bora Bora and Moorea as there are not many
cars. You can probably count on paying about $80 per day. Ensure that you
tell the company what time you will pickup as if you aren't there, they will
not hold the car.

PMM

Old September 13th, 2003, 12:56 AM
CupCaked

For a full day it was about $60-$65. Nope, no advance reservations
needed. There are little tables set up right by the pier (as well as
other independant tour operators, in case you weren't booked on a ship
excusrion) with signs as to the popular rental franchises.