Carnival's Glory

Old October 22nd, 2003, 12:13 PM

Default Carnival's Glory

We just booked a cruise on Carnival's Glory for Feb. (Western Caribbean)
We've done a lot of cruising, but never on a Carnival Ship--mostly on
Princess and Royal Caribbean. Has anyone been on this ship lately?
Comments or suggestions for making this a great cruise? We are seniors,
but are still active and enjoy socializing. Thanks!

Old October 22nd, 2003, 01:22 PM
Mark

There's a few good reviews on www.cruisemates.com or www.cruisecritic.com ,
most people really enjoyed thier trip. I'm booked on the Feb 14th Glory
cruise with my wife and kids, what date are you going ?

Mark

Old October 22nd, 2003, 01:46 PM
paul

Skyauction lists several Carnival Glory cruises every day. Most sell for
around $250 for a one week cruise, but I have seen them go for as little as
$125. Here's a link to todays winning bids.

http://tinyurl.com/rvmi

Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:20 PM
Becca

Princess and Royal Caribbean.

I enjoy Princess and Royal Caribbean, too. Sorry, I have not cruised
on the Glory, yet.

There are a few things I enjoy about Carnival, one of them is standup
comedy. The comics on Carnival are very good, at the regular shows
and the adult shows. The adult shows are at midnight, they let you
know that children are not allowed and you should not be there if you
have delicate sensibilities. Believe it or not, there have been
people who complained after hearing a fart joke. Arrive early or you
will not have a seat.

Karoke on Carnival is always fun, even if you don't sing.

Carnival still has midnight buffets, although I have never been to
one. I am not sure how many they have.

They have nice shows in the showroom lounge, including an orchestra of
ten.

Carnival offers several beverages in their buffet all of the time;
tea, coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade, fruit punch, apple juice.

Carnival makes omelets in their buffet, but they will also fry eggs.
Their Deli is good, it is open from 11:00-11:00. They make almost any
sandwich you want, including salmon, roast beef, corned beef,
pastrami, Reuben, tuna salad, etc. They have an Asian buffet every
day, they also have a rotisserie. Try their pizza, it is available 24
hours a day, and Carnival has the greatest pizza. Their ice cream
parlor should be open on each sea day.

Enjoy your cruise on the Glory. Please come back and tell us all
about it.

Becca -----now I am ready to cruise again...

GGC http://www.ggc2004.com/
Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Old October 22nd, 2003, 10:03 PM
Bill C

"Becca" wrote in message
Princess and Royal Caribbean.

I enjoy Princess and Royal Caribbean, too. Sorry, I have not cruised
on the Glory, yet.

There are a few things I enjoy about Carnival, one of them is standup
comedy. The comics on Carnival are very good, at the regular shows
and the adult shows. The adult shows are at midnight, they let you
know that children are not allowed and you should not be there if you
have delicate sensibilities. Believe it or not, there have been
people who complained after hearing a fart joke.
Becca -----now I am ready to cruise again...

GGC http://www.ggc2004.com/
Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/

Becca,
You're pulling our legs right? Complaining about a fart joke?

Bill

Old October 23rd, 2003, 05:10 PM
Becca

Becca,
You're pulling our legs right? Complaining about a fart joke?

It reminds me of a person who sits in the smoking section and then
complains about the cigarette smoke.

Some people do not enjoy adult comedy, I can understand that, but they
do warn you first.

Becca -----thinks comedy isn't for everybody...

Old October 23rd, 2003, 09:11 PM
Tom & Linda

They don't warn you that "afternoon" shows with kids attending will
include adult comedy, and will be loaded with material that is degrading
to women (to the point where some women got up and left). Poor taste is
poor taste. I didn't know that I was supposed to expect it on a
Carnival ship. But now I know and I don't have a problem letting others
know.

If posters here want to make insulting comments about someone who
doesn't like that kind of humor during afternoon shows in front of
kids... their choice.

--Tom --- doesn't always find humor in some things that others may
think is very funny... but that's why we have people who like Carnival
and people who like Celebrity

Old October 24th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Bill C

Tom,
If that's what happened then you should complain long and loud. As many
times as I have been on CCL I didn't even know they had afternoon shows,
especially ones with adult humor. That isn't close to being in good taste
to expose kids to adult humor, especially without notice.

Bill

Old October 24th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Eileen Garland

But Bill, he's been complaining very long and loud. For as long as he's
been posting to rtc!

Sorry, Tom, I just couldn't resist.

Eileen