The end of the Euro ???

Old June 2nd, 2005, 07:15 PM
emilia

nitram wrote:
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:56:53 +0100, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

"Runge" wrote in message
. ..

You're a fine one too

???

?????

stop. now i'm confused!
Old June 2nd, 2005, 07:17 PM
Hatunen

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:44:28 +0200, nitram
wrote:

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:51:38 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:45:59 GMT, Deep Foiled Malls
wrote:

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:59:29 +0100, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

there is definately a Pizza Hut in Milan :-)

http://mmipizzahut.com/milan.php

Gosh, how wrong I am!

It looks rather empty though...

Next project: American Wienerschnitzel outlets in Austria.

or an Austrian bodybuilder in the White House?

Not without an amendment to the Constitution

Old June 2nd, 2005, 09:14 PM

Of course, US unemployment figures are pure fiction, the hidden unemployed
far exceeds those "looking for jobs"

Another completely moronic statement by the eminently unqualified
4Fer. Now, for the real truth:

Productivity, Factory Orders Post Gains

By MARTIN CRUTSINGER
The Associated Press
Thursday, June 2, 2005; 2:09 PM

WASHINGTON -- Orders to U.S. factories advanced by 0.9 percent in
April, the fastest clip in five months, while worker productivity at
the start of the year was better than originally thought and the
nation's retailers enjoyed strong sales despite a cold spring.

Sounds like a real failing economy doesn't it fatass?
Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:56 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:56:32 +0100, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

Now if they rebranded their 'product' as fried bread with cheese on top,
they might attract some of the British Breakfast crowd.

And if you add garlic and mayonaise, you will get something that will
appeal to the Lithuanians.

(see my Lithuania page for more gruesome detail)
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 3rd, 2005, 12:40 AM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:15:57 +0200, nitram wrote:

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:04:06 +0200, Earl Evleth
wrote:

On 2/06/05 12:48, in article ,
" wrote:

Western Europeans seem to be suffering a crisis of confidence.

Yeah, they were depending on the American recovery too.

http://news.independent.co.uk/busine...p?story=643346
Jeremy Warner's Outlook: Germany prepares for unthinkable? Not yet,
but it may have to if attitudes don't change

The euro was unnerved yesterday by a magazine report that the German
finance ministry and the Bundesbank are already contemplating how to
respond to the previously unthinkable - the collapse of monetary
union.

Complete **** of course. The Euro aint going anywhere. Too many
important people own the thing.
--
---
Old June 3rd, 2005, 04:48 AM
Mxsmanic

nitram writes:

You had better tell the German Chancellor, he doesn't think so.

He knows it is doing well, but he's looking for scapegoats. Germans are
stuck-up enough to actually believe that the euro is their problem, so
he uses that.

The Euro is the common currency of some of the EU countries. What do
they pay you with? Peanuts?

Euro. But I don't see how the choice of currency affects overall
wealth.

Old June 3rd, 2005, 09:58 AM
The Reids

Following up to Mxsmanic

I can't think of any reason why it should be revoked. A
multiple-country currency is almost guaranteed to be more valuable and
stable than a single-nation currency.

the Euro seems to me the sensible side of Europe, well at least
if Germany and France were made to abide by their own rules.
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-Photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old June 3rd, 2005, 10:57 AM
The Reids

Following up to Deep Foiled Malls

The euro was unnerved yesterday by a magazine report that the German
finance ministry and the Bundesbank are already contemplating how to
respond to the previously unthinkable - the collapse of monetary
union.

Complete **** of course. The Euro aint going anywhere. Too many
important people own the thing.

its all part of the current "crisis in Europe, er, nothing
happened" scenario. I love the way the politicians tried to scare
people into voting yes and failed.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 05:11 PM
Ralph Holz

Hi,

He knows it is doing well,

It isn't, it is on the slide.

A couple of cents, no big deal so far (let's hope).

The EUR used to be worth around 0.90 USD before it climbed to the current high.

Ralph

--
For contact details, please see www.ralphholz.de.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 06:53 PM
Earl Evleth

On 3/06/05 19:34, in article ,
"nitram" wrote:

It peaked on 28 Dec 2004 at 1.363
It was at a minimum on the 26 October 2000 at 0.825

Now it's at the level it was in October 2004. 1.2289
--

`
That makes an average of 1.094 for the difference

If you look at the projected history of the euro
before is was issued

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sta.../euro_cash/his
tory/default.stm

the rough average is about the same, 1.10 maybe 1.15. So from that
standpoint 1.3 was too high, 1.0 would be too low.

The major complication is that the world is awash with dollars, the nation
owes two trillion dollars to foreigners and the nation itself has
become spendthrift, no longer saving money but borrowing and spending.

To make this situation even worse, one has people like JBK around
apologizing for spendthrift behaviors.

Benjamin Franklin, where are you when we need you??

Earl