Warmest 13 April since 1833

Old April 14th, 2007, 05:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Warmest 13 April since 1833

http://www.flandersnews.be/cm/flande...070414_weather

Warmest 13 April since 1833

Sat 14/04/07 - Yesterday was the warmest 13 April since records began
in 1833. The exceptionally warm weather is good news for the
hospitality industry which is doing brisk business.
Temperatures soared to a record 25.2 degrees Celsius in Ukkel near
Brussels yesterday. The warmest 13 April so far was in 1944, when
temperatures reached 24 degrees.
(Belga)
There was a stark contrast between weather conditions at the Belgian
coast and inland temperatures. The North Sea kept temperatures at a
modest 14 degrees yesterday.

The Belgian met office says that the hot and dry spell will continue
until Tuesday. Later next week, another dry and sunny spell should
start but with milder temperatures this time.

The hot and sunny weather coincides with the Easter school holidays in
Belgium. Sunday will see the end of the traditional two-week spring
holiday.

Considering the weather, it might just as well have been the start of
the summer holidays.
From the coast to the German border

The sun is good news for the hospitality industry across Belgium.
(PhotoNews)
(VRT)
The Belgian coast, the Ardennes and the German-speaking part in
Eastern Belgium attracted huge crowds of tourists, both day-trippers
and people coming for several days.

The Belgian Rail Company NMBS raised the number of trains to and from
the coast, but this could not prevent the traditional tailbacks on the
E40 motorway linking the coast to Ghent and Brussels.

Ramblers enjoyed lovely landscapes as trees blossomed earlier than
usual. Cyclists were also very pleased with the mild weather.
Zoos and animal parks happy
Zoos and animal parks also benefited from the exceptional situation.

Last weekend, the Antwerp zoo welcomed 35,500 visitors in three days'
time. Planckendael (near Mechelen in Antwerp province) received some
25,000 visitors.

The Antwerp zoo spokeswoman, Ilse Segers, explains: "Of course this
has something to do with the nice weather, but I think many visitors
also appreciate our new projects." The zoo in the port city had
several new species of exotic animals on show.

Planckendael opened a new section which focuses on Asia.

Old April 14th, 2007, 06:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge1

Default Warning virus !14 Apr 2007 19:15:22 +0200

"True, you see me inna pants and 'ting See me in a halter back Say me give
you heart attack" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
[...]

From the coast to the German border

Old April 15th, 2007, 11:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Apr 14, 6:01 pm, "True, you see me inna pants and 'ting See me in a
wrote:
[...]

the summer holidays.From the coast to the German border

[...]

oh rilllllllllllllllly