Coral Princess suite ?

Old May 11th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Georgeny

Default Coral Princess suite ?

Next January will be my first cruise on Princess. Having better than 40
cruises on various lines we are really looking forward to sailing Princess,
it had never before fallen into our schedule requirements, Also looking
forward to seeing Panama Canal.

Being new to Princess line I have a couple of questions:

Originally booked a AA suite but have since dropped to an AB both because it
appears to be the same size but better located amidship and also less
expensive. It would seem that nothing differs between AA and AB on Coral
Princess but deck location. Is this a correct assessment?

Our primary cruiseline preference are Celebrity and RCI. Is there any
significant variation between the experience cruising Princess versus those
lines?

Thanks
George in NY
Sailing Carnival Victory in 10 and a wakeup
Sailing Celerbity Zenith Oct 04
Sailing Coral Princess Jan 05
http://members.verizon.net/~georgeny/legendrev.htm
http://members.verizon.net/~georgeny/dawnrev.htm

Old May 11th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Eileen Garland

Hi, George!

Based on my most recent experiences (but most recent Princess cruise was
a couple of years ago, I think), dining room food on Princess was worse
than the other two, buffet food better.

And Princess was the first of the lines, as far as I know, to start the
annoying nonsense of giving you your pool towel in your cabin.

I think Princess tends to be little more lively than Celebrity and a
little less than RCI.

I'm too lazy to look this up, but if the mini-suite on the Coral is like
the ones on the Golden, you will love your cabin.

Eileen

Old May 11th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Eileen Garland wrote:

Based on my most recent experiences (but most recent Princess cruise was
a couple of years ago, I think), dining room food on Princess was worse
than the other two, buffet food better.

We found the food on RCI to be very poor, with only a few good dishes.
Our one Celebrity cruise we found the food to be very good. Have sailed
Princess 4 times and found the food good, but it has been a couple of
years now.

sue

Old May 11th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Tue, 11 May 2004 09:10:33 -0400, Eileen Garland
wrote:

Based on my most recent experiences (but most recent Princess cruise was
a couple of years ago, I think).

You think? Shut up.

I'm too lazy to look this up,

Diazepam will do that to you.

but if the mini-suite on the Coral is like
the ones on the Golden, you will love your cabin.

Eileen

And if it's not............?

Eileen, go back to sleep.
Old May 13th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Georgeny

Eileen,

Thank you for the reply. Still looking for anyone that has experience with
AA versus AB suite on Coral Princess. I don't remember now which ship it was
that we had the pool towel in the cabin but although initially thought it
was a pain turned out I actually liked it. The only reason being was that it
eliminated all the confusion of people leaving towels on poolside seats
making knowing if a chair was in use or not annoying. You could also get a
towel at the pool but had to sign for it, being charged if you did not
return it.

Old May 13th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Georgeny

It is my understanding that we can opt for traditional as well which is what
we will do. We did experience FREESTYLE dining on NCL Dawn past Summer and
Fall and it was fine but we prefer traditional when available.

Thanks,
George in NY

Sailing Carnival Victory in 10 and a wakeup
Sailing Celerbity Zenith Oct 04
Sailing Coral Princess Jan 05
http://members.verizon.net/~georgeny/legendrev.htm
http://members.verizon.net/~georgeny/dawnrev.htm

"RTCReferee" wrote in message
"Georgeny"

Our primary cruiseline preference are Celebrity and RCI. Is there any
significant variation between the experience cruising Princess versus

those
lines?

We cruised on the Star Princess and the Celebrity Mercury last year and

there
were significant differences between the two cruises. The most obvious
difference was related to dining choices. You are accustomed to a more
structured approach to dining with Celebrity and RCI. Princess offers

Personal
Choice dining and you can get something to eat 24 hours per day.

There are other differences, but I leave that to others to discuss.

Old May 13th, 2004, 06:29 PM
RTCReferee

I don't remember now which ship it was
that we had the pool towel in the cabin but although initially thought
it was a pain turned out I actually liked it. The only reason being was that
it eliminated all the confusion of people leaving towels on poolside seats
making knowing if a chair was in use or not annoying.

How can a chair be "in use" if no one is there and no one in the chair next to
it is obviously holding it for the BRIEF time the occupant is using the rest
room or grabbing a quick snack to bring back?