Posts Stuffed Around??

Old March 10th, 2004, 03:44 AM
A Mate

Default Posts Stuffed Around??

Is it the whole group, or just my news server (Optus)??
Posts have disappeared, threads are cut off and remnants left. It's become
difficult to follow many threads??

I haven't changed any of my settings, and other groups I follow appear
unaffected!

Old March 10th, 2004, 04:09 AM
Alan

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:44:47 +1000, "A Mate"
wrote:

Is it the whole group, or just my news server (Optus)??
Posts have disappeared, threads are cut off and remnants left. It's become
difficult to follow many threads??

I haven't changed any of my settings, and other groups I follow appear
unaffected!

I had that problem a while back, thru a Telstra server.
Someone advised me to join (free) at http://news.individual.net/ .
Had no problems since.

Cheers Alan

Old March 10th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"Alan" wrote in message

I had that problem a while back, thru a Telstra server.
Someone advised me to join (free) at http://news.individual.net/ .
Had no problems since.

Cheers Alan

Why not the free news service at Google?

Gerrit

Old March 10th, 2004, 04:34 AM
Peter Webb

Optus have had some dreadful newsgroup problems recently - mostly on their
internal newsgroups (athome.aus.technical etc) but other newsgroups have
been affected. Everything has been OK for me for about a week, but different
users have lost different newsgroups at different times. It doesn't appear
to affect only one type of newsgroup client, and nor is it node specific.
Optus apparently say that newsgroups are not part of their core service
offering (or somesuch) and haven't committed to do anything about it.

u...

Old March 10th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Alan

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:20:08 +0800, "Gerrit 't Hart"
wrote:

"Alan" wrote in message
.. .

I had that problem a while back, thru a Telstra server.
Someone advised me to join (free) at http://news.individual.net/ .
Had no problems since.

Cheers Alan

Why not the free news service at Google?

Gerrit

In my case, because a combination of FreeForte and the site I mentioned
has worked perfectly for me at home for quite a while now.
The thing that really impressed me was that I could post, then collect
messages, and my post was there instantly. I've no idea how they make
money from the service, but I'm grateful they are there.

I tried the google system while wandering around via internet cafe's.
Consequently I gave up the ngs while I travelled as a PITA. Obviously I
did it wrong:-)

Cheers Alan

Old March 10th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Ralph Fox

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:44:47 +1000, in article
, A Mate wrote:

Is it the whole group, or just my news server (Optus)??
Posts have disappeared, threads are cut off and remnants left. It's become
difficult to follow many threads??

No such problems here on paradise.net.
I'd start by suspecting your news server provider.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

somewhere else." -- Sam Walton