TERRORIST ATTACK ON AIRPORT IN HAWAII

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Anonymous

Default Memphis/mississippi tours

what do you all think of this self-drive tour?

I think it sounds like a whole lot of driving! It's doable but you
need
to edit considerably.

I don't think there are any plantations in the area though

Yes, there are plantations all over that route. Natchez and St.
Francisville lie between Jackson and New Orleans. Bellingrath
Gardens
is near Mobile south of I-10; you could combine that with Gulf Shores
instead of Pensacola. There are old plantation houses in northern
Florida, around Atlanta, and there are Belle Meade and The Hermitage
(Andrew Jackson's home) in Nashville. Savannah and Charleston are
loaded with them.

Hotels can be changed (I can't afford the big fancy ones)

The Maxwell House is one of the most expensive hotels in Nashville.
In
Memphis, the Wyndham isn't near much; I'd replace it with those I
recommended earlier. You can take the trolley for almost everything
except Graceland.

Enjoy a day in Atlanta

Not in Atlanta traffic with THAT schedule! Not sure you could see all
that in one day; find out what's along the MARTA line (light rail).
Personally, I would skip Atlanta except maybe as a base.

Atlanta - Nashville.

That's a lot of ground to cover with all the stops and tours. If you
still want Chattanooga, check also Lookout Mountain (Civil War battle
site, and famous promontory overlooking the city) and/or Rock CIty
(geological formations) and/or the Aquarium, which I hear is very
good.
(There's also an aquarium in downtown New Orleans.)

Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame

Yes, one of your original purposes.

Experience the South's tumultuous history at the Tenessee State
Museum (admission not included).

This can be a skip unless you've got the time.

Leave the city early enough to arrive in Memphis for a late dinner.

Eat at the Rendezvous, in the alley across from The Peabody Hotel.
Lunch at The Little Tea Shoppe on Monroe or The Cupboard on Madison
(order the fried green tomatoes).

Beale Street blues bars.

Yes, especially on weekends. The Memphis Belle is currently
undergoing
restoration and I don't believe it's being shown. Pass on Mud Island
as
it will likely be closed in February anyway. The zoo has pandas.

I'd drop the Jackson stop if you're driving this much.

Hotel: Radisson New Orleans

Yes, New Orleans is a must. Take a day or two that you drop elsewhere
and put it here. You could find a less-expensive hotel but the
Radisson
is well-located.

New Orleans - Pensacola.

I prefer Gulf Shores, Ala., for beach because it's a walkable
town-area.
Pensacola city is fine and pretty. Keep in mind that the Gulf in the
Florida panhandle in February is for looking only; you won't be
swimming
there in February.

Tallahassee - Savannah

Skipping Tallahassee would give you an extra day to work with. *

Savannah and Charleston will be the other highlights of this trip.
Add
days here also.
--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Anonymous

Default Terror in the skies, Again?

(bhanwara) wrote in message
. com...
This is a comment about the following URL:

http://womenswallstreet.com/WWS/arti...&articleid=711

which has been showing up in a lot of the ngs, including the one's
listed here.

To begin with, if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck,
and quacks like a duck, the possibility that it's a duck
does need to be investigated.

That having said, it's not clear exactly what Ms. Jacobsen
is complaining about.

It seems like the situation was handled extremely well
and professionally. Why should one paranoid cowardly
journalist be expected to have control over the situation,
and not the professionals?

Ms. Jacobsen lost me completely when she cited an article by Ann
Coulter as one of her sources ;-) Here's her follow-up:

http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/...&articleid=714

Snopes added some additional information he

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/skyterror.asp
--multiplaza.nl.nu--