Formule 1 hotel in Liverpool

Old February 14th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Ben Robert Smith

Default Formule 1 hotel in Liverpool

Can anybody reccommend this place?. Seems cheap. If anybody has been
before please can you share your experiences.

Many Thanks,

Ben Smith.

P.S. How far from Liverpool Lime Street is it?.
Old February 14th, 2005, 11:59 AM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn

Ben Robert Smith wrote:

Can anybody reccommend this place?. Seems cheap. If anybody has been
before please can you share your experiences.

It is fine, and excellent value. If you've been in one Formule 1, you've
been in them all. (There are no ensuite rooms, but plenty of very clean
(auto-cleaning) toilets and showers. This one is well located, close to
the Albert Dock. It's a little bit of a walk from the centre of things,
but not much- 5-10 minutes from the main shops. Frankly, the centre of
Liverpool is not that big.

P.S. How far from Liverpool Lime Street is it?

It's a good 10 minute walk if you're a brisk walker. James Street
station is closer, but I see no point (and no time saving either) in
changing onto the Merseyrail. If you have a lot of luggage, then a cab
would not cost much, but I've always walked it, and it's fine. Print a
map at multimap.com or something, as it's easy to get lost if you don't
know exactly where you're going. It's right across from the main Police
Station though, and also close to Albert Dock. If the cabbie doesn't
know the Formule 1 (though s/he ought to) then mention that it's right
next to the Ibis, across from Albert Dock.

BTW, the Ibis does a decent breakfast for over £4, and they don't mind
Formule 1 guests coming in for that- you just pay when you enter the
Ibis.

Enjoy your trip, and post back if you have any more questions.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old February 15th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Ben Robert Smith

On my last stay in Liverpool i stayed in the Lord Nelson Hotel. I
believe this has closed down. Do you know of any other hotels in
Liverpool that are near the train station and under £50?.

Many Thanks David for your help.

Regards,

Ben Smith
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:28 PM

Ben Robert Smith wrote:

On my last stay in Liverpool i stayed in the Lord Nelson Hotel. I
believe this has closed down. Do you know of any other hotels in
Liverpool that are near the train station and under £50?.

Well, the Adelphi does claim to have specials for £39 if you book in
advance. That's worth a try. Having spent the good part of 4 months
there (not in one go!) I wouldn't be in a hurry to repeat the
experience, speaking personally!

I used to get put up at the Feathers, which is not too far from the
station, but up the hill towards the Metropolitan Cathedral- it
definitely had rooms under £50. I don't think you'll get anything as
cheap as Formule 1 though!

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old February 16th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Michael Athony Eustace

lord nelson hotel is not good feathers hotel is ok
Old February 16th, 2005, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Ben Smith.