Airport in or around Casper, WY???

Old February 16th, 2005, 06:06 PM
jjenkins

Default Airport in or around Casper, WY???

Hi everyone

This will be my first e-mail on this board, so this is not the right
place to put this message please let me know.

In any event I will I need to get to Casper, WY for somewhere near
there for a funeral nest week. Just wondering what would be the closest
airport to Casper? Would it be Denver, Salt Lake, or it there
something? I seem to remember hearing that once Casper Airfield is now
a small town.

Also was hoping someone could give some information on funeral fares.
What type of savings should I expect.

Thanks
J. Jenkins

Old February 16th, 2005, 06:30 PM

Hi there

Yes you are correct in saying that old Casper airport is now the town
of Bar Nun.

You may wish to fly into Casper's Natrona County International Airport,
rather than DEN or SLC. CPR is serviced by 3 airlines, NW, DL, and UA,
as well as 2 or 3 rental companies. The NW flights are oerated by
Pinicale Airlines, while the DL and UA flights are operated by SkyWest.
I have good luck with both companies. I would go with the one that
provides the best fare or schedule. If they are the same I woudl then
consider NW, as they offer regional jet service to CPR.

Suppossed to be getting some snow this weekend and possibly nest week
(I hope it does snow while I am on the Star Princess cruise Ship) and
that mightmake for bad driving on the roads.

I can't speak to the discount received with funeral fares, but can
suggest that you look at Hotwire.com. I say this, as I have some
relatives flying into CPR today for a funeral, as well and they were
able to get a good fare on this site. Looks as though they offer great
last minute clearance fares.

Michael