Sea Princess or Sapphire Princess

Old April 2nd, 2011, 06:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Sea Princess or Sapphire Princess

Has anyone taken the Sea Princess lately? Or the Sapphire Princess? Trying
to choose which one we should take.
Thanks,

--Jean

Old April 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 12:05:44 -0500, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Has anyone taken the Sea Princess lately? Or the Sapphire Princess? Trying
to choose which one we should take.
Thanks,

--Jean

As far as I am concerned, that's easy.

Take the one that leaves the quickest and stays away the longest. lol
--
http://cc.st/Chrissy-Cruiser-The-Hellion-Rebellion
Old April 2nd, 2011, 07:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/2/11 1:05 PM, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Has anyone taken the Sea Princess lately? Or the Sapphire Princess? Trying
to choose which one we should take.
Thanks,

--Jean

The 2 ships are rather different.

Sapphire Princess is a Grand Princess class ship with minor tweaks (like
different location for the disco). It has the tiered (non-private)
balconies like Grand. It has a solarium pool with a covered deck which
is good for cooler climates. I was on the Sapphire back in January
doing the Mexican Riviera.

Sea Princess is one of the Sun Princess class ships. The balconies are
cut into the outer hull of the ship. She's the ship that has the best
pizzeria on all the ships I've been on. I like the inside style of the
Sun/Dawn/Sea Princess more than the Grand/Sapphire Princess. She
doesn't have a solarium pool.

What's the difference in the itineraries?

--Tom
Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

Sea Princess is one of the Sun Princess class ships. The balconies are
cut into the outer hull of the ship. She's the ship that has the best
pizzeria on all the ships I've been on. I like the inside style of the
Sun/Dawn/Sea Princess more than the Grand/Sapphire Princess. She
doesn't have a solarium pool.

The ship has been to P&O and back to Princess. And a major drydock and
redo last fall. They added a sanctuary among other changes. So it is
likely to have a lot of changes from ten years ago. The pizzaria might
be gone.

--
Charles
Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Tom K" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Tom,
They are both for Alaska..The Sapphire is round trip Seattle and is 7
days...the Sea Princess is r/t San Francisco and is 10 days. The
itineraries are pretty much the same...Maybe I should stick to HAL who does
Alaska the best, but being that the cruise has to be in July, the only
option I have there is the Oosterdam which is larger than the Statendam or
Ryndam that we have always taken.
The only other option is Bermuda on the Veendam...July pretty much restricts
what we want.

--Jean

Old April 3rd, 2011, 01:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/2/11 3:19 PM, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Tom wrote in message
[...]

What about the Volendam? Doesn't she do round trip from Vancouver?
Including Glacier Bay? Then tack on a few days in Vancouver. That's
what Charles and I did.

--Tom

--Tom

Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

What about the Volendam? Doesn't she do round trip from Vancouver?
Including Glacier Bay? Then tack on a few days in Vancouver. That's
what Charles and I did.

Yes, Volendam is doing that itinerary again this summer.

--
Charles