Freedom of the Seas

Old April 13th, 2011, 12:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

Default Freedom of the Seas

33 days and counting. Does anyone have any tidbits or tips about FOS?
A hidden spot for relaxing or viewing? A little ice cream stand that's
hard to find? Does FOS have a deck that that goes completely around the
ship? What do I need to know about getting around FOS? Thanks.

Marsha
Old April 13th, 2011, 03:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/12/11 7:26 PM, MAS wrote:
33 days and counting. Does anyone have any tidbits or tips about FOS? A
hidden spot for relaxing or viewing? A little ice cream stand that's
hard to find? Does FOS have a deck that that goes completely around the
ship? What do I need to know about getting around FOS? Thanks.

Marsha

Favorite places are the 2 snack places at opposite ends of the inside
promenade. There was a place that had nice antipasta stuff they'd make
a nice plate from. And the pizza place was on the promenade as well.
If you're diamond level, there's a nice diamond level lounge. A cool
thing on that class of ship is that you can walk way out to the tip of
the bow on calm days or when in port. Best place for relaxing IMO is
the solarium pool area. The walk around outside promenade does go
around the ship, but in the front you have to so stairs, and that area
in the front is closed if there's a lot of wind. For the ice show, I
always recommend getting there early and trying to get front row seats.

Freedom and Liberty are LONG ships... so I like a cabin near the
elevators to minimize some of the "endless" walking on the ship.
Old April 14th, 2011, 12:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

On 4/12/2011 10:23 PM, Tom K wrote:
On 4/12/11 7:26 PM, MAS wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I'm not anywhere near Diamond level - this is my first cruise,
but probably not the last!
Old April 14th, 2011, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kevin Mullen

On 4/12/11 7:26 PM, MAS wrote:
[...]

I've had my last cruise. I'm dead, you know.
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Welcome to your first cruise,the 1st is always the best,we now are
trying to plan our 51st cruise,but they are making it harder and harder
with all the restrictions on flying,and air fare so high. We are sort of
limited to cruising out of cape liberty,or baltimore.
Be sure you go to see the ice show,it is fantastic.We saw it on explorer
of the seas twice.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old April 15th, 2011, 02:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
battlecruiser

On Apr 12, 7:26*pm, MAS wrote:
33 days and counting. *Does anyone have any tidbits or tips about FOS?
A hidden spot for relaxing or viewing? *A little ice cream stand that's
hard to find? Does FOS have a deck that that goes completely around the
ship? *What do I need to know about getting around FOS? *Thanks.

Marsha

FOS is a very nice ship with lots to do. You can walk all the way
around the ship most days. There is a promenade that goes around the
sides and the stern. On either side, the forward end of the promenade
takes you to staircases that will take you up to the bow area where
the helicopter landing pad is located. The bow area is sometimes
closed due to the weather.

Perhaps my profile and photo tour of FOS will be helpful.
http://www.beyondships.com/FOStour.html

Old April 16th, 2011, 12:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia

On 4/15/2011 6:25 AM, battlecruiser wrote:
On Apr 12, 7:26 pm, wrote:
33 days and counting. Does anyone have any tidbits or tips about FOS?
A hidden spot for relaxing or viewing? A little ice cream stand that's
hard to find? Does FOS have a deck that that goes completely around the
ship? What do I need to know about getting around FOS? Thanks.

Marsha

FOS is a very nice ship with lots to do. You can walk all the way
around the ship most days. There is a promenade that goes around the
sides and the stern. On either side, the forward end of the promenade
takes you to staircases that will take you up to the bow area where
the helicopter landing pad is located. The bow area is sometimes
closed due to the weather.

Perhaps my profile and photo tour of FOS will be helpful.
http://www.beyondships.com/FOStour.html

Thanks for posting that link. We're sailing on the Freedom of the Seas
next January, so I enjoyed looking at it.

Marcia
Old April 16th, 2011, 01:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

On 4/15/2011 9:25 AM, battlecruiser wrote:
On Apr 12, 7:26 pm, wrote:
33 days and counting. Does anyone have any tidbits or tips about FOS?
A hidden spot for relaxing or viewing? A little ice cream stand that's
hard to find? Does FOS have a deck that that goes completely around the
ship? What do I need to know about getting around FOS? Thanks.

Marsha

FOS is a very nice ship with lots to do. You can walk all the way
around the ship most days. There is a promenade that goes around the
sides and the stern. On either side, the forward end of the promenade
takes you to staircases that will take you up to the bow area where
the helicopter landing pad is located. The bow area is sometimes
closed due to the weather.

Perhaps my profile and photo tour of FOS will be helpful.
http://www.beyondships.com/FOStour.html

Thank you. I found your review a while back, but forgot about. So it
was nice to see it again. Is it May yet?

Marsha
Old April 16th, 2011, 01:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

On Apr 12, 7:26 pm, wrote:
[...]

We'll get it ready for you, Marcia!

Marsha