Freedom of the Seas

Old April 17th, 2011, 04:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Default Freedom of the Seas

On 4/17/2011 11:17 AM, Marsha wrote:
In , says...

On 4/15/2011 7:35 PM, Marcia wrote:
On 4/15/2011 6:25 AM, battlecruiser wrote:
On Apr 12, 7:26 pm, wrote:
33 days and counting. Does anyone have any tidbits or tips about FOS?
A hidden spot for relaxing or viewing? A little ice cream stand that's
hard to find? Does FOS have a deck that that goes completely around the
ship? What do I need to know about getting around FOS? Thanks.

Marsha

FOS is a very nice ship with lots to do. You can walk all the way
around the ship most days. There is a promenade that goes around the
sides and the stern. On either side, the forward end of the promenade
takes you to staircases that will take you up to the bow area where
the helicopter landing pad is located. The bow area is sometimes
closed due to the weather.

Perhaps my profile and photo tour of FOS will be helpful.
http://www.beyondships.com/FOStour.html

Thanks for posting that link. We're sailing on the Freedom of the Seas
next January, so I enjoyed looking at it.

Marcia

We'll get it ready for you, Marcia!

Marsha

I can't pass up the opportunity to say "Hello" to Marsha/OH and Marcia
G.

Marsha, no cruises planned

Marsha, Marcia, Marsha!

Sorry, I could not pass up the opportunity to say that, either!

Bill
Old April 17th, 2011, 04:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

Thanks for posting that link. We're sailing on the Freedom of the Seas
next January, so I enjoyed looking at it.

Marcia

We'll get it ready for you, Marcia!

Marsha

I can't pass up the opportunity to say "Hello" to Marsha/OH and Marcia
G.

Marsha, no cruises planned

Hey there, Marsha. How the heck are you? Still in the greath southwest?
Can't believe you have no cruises planned. We need a group cruise for
Marshas/Marcias. Maybe George is reading....

Marsha
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marsha[_4_]

On Apr 12, 7:26 pm, wrote:
[...]

That's the first time that line was funny (to me)! Thanks Bill!

Old April 17th, 2011, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marsha[_4_]

"MAS" wrote in message ...

Hey there, Marsha. How the heck are you? Still in the greath southwest?
Can't believe you have no cruises planned. We need a group cruise for
Marshas/Marcias. Maybe George is reading....

Marsha

Yup, still here. Marcia and I live in the same city, just a few miles apart.
You might know, but just as easily might not, that there's at least one
other Marsha connected with this group. I think she lives in NC. She doesn't
post much, but used to go on the group cruises. I used to post a lot, met
"most" of the regulars, but only went on one GGC.

Marsha/NV

Old April 17th, 2011, 09:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Larry & Kim

On Apr 12, 7:26*pm, MAS wrote:
33 days and counting. *Does anyone have any tidbits or tips about FOS?
A hidden spot for relaxing or viewing? *A little ice cream stand that's
hard to find? Does FOS have a deck that that goes completely around the
ship? *What do I need to know about getting around FOS? *Thanks.

Marsha

We just came off the Freedom in mid March. We were the last cruise
before drydock. I'd love to get back on her and see the difference.
Apparently they put in a movie under the stars screen and added a
computerized ordering system in the dining rooms. It was a long ship
and we were happy to get a cabin on the hump near the elevators.
Great director and evening entertainment. You have to see the parade
near the end of the cruise. Hopefully your waiter will keep the
lobster coming during seafood night like ours did. I finally had to
say enough after 4 orders.

Larry
Old April 17th, 2011, 10:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

On 4/17/2011 4:47 PM, Larry & Kim wrote:
On Apr 12, 7:26 pm, wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Larry. Wow - they put in a movie under the stars screen? That's
awesome! Our cabin is also near elevators. How did you like the food in
general? I haven't heard raves about it, but that doesn't matter too
much to me. Can't wait...

Marsha

Old April 17th, 2011, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

On Apr 12, 7:26 pm, wrote:
[...]

How about "Yes, John"? ;-)

Old April 17th, 2011, 11:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia

On 4/17/2011 1:47 PM, Larry & Kim wrote:
On Apr 12, 7:26 pm, wrote:
[...]

The "hump" was already sold out for the end of January, but our room is
pretty close to it.

Marcia
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/17/11 6:20 PM, Marcia wrote:

The "hump" was already sold out for the end of January, but our room is
pretty close to it.

Marcia

Any cabin close to the elevator just saves walking. Not important to be
on the "hump".

--Tom