Casa de Campo? Do we bother?

Old November 6th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Bisous3

Default Casa de Campo? Do we bother?

Taking the Thanksgiving cruise on the Millennium and stopping at Casa de Campo.
Have a 3 1/2 year old. Do I bother even getting off the ship?
On our other ports, we are planning on going to Escambron Beach in Puerto Rico,
Megans' Bay or maybe Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas and we're doing a Celebrity
excursion to "Blackbeard's Cay" in Nassau , a boatride to a private island.
I was hoping to cab it to a nice beach in the Dominican Republic, but don't
know if thats possible. Any advice?
Suzanne
Old November 6th, 2003, 09:02 PM
HDawson228

I enjoyed walking around the replica of the medeival med village and taking
some great pics. Everytime I arrive on St Thomas I immediately get a taxi to
Red Hook and ferry over to St John. A pristine paradise. Very little
commercial developement which is quite different from St Thomas.
Old November 7th, 2003, 10:46 AM

We're considering the same as far as casa de campo is concerned on our
upcoming cruise. I think we'll just stay on the ship and relax. I've
been reading about the shore excursions on the boards at cruisemates and
don't feel like spending the money or energy. Guess we'll decide for
sure when we get on the ship.

Old November 11th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Mark O. Polo

Hi Suzanne,

You might get some ideas by looking at the following:
http://www.maxpages.com/caribbean/La_Romana

Aloha

Old November 12th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Hankal

Casa de Campo.
Stay on the ship. I took the tour of the island. They do not speak english,
except some of the vendors hustlers.
Mosquitoes the size of B17.
Hottter than you can imagine and I live in hot humid Florida.
The last cruise on the Paradise I enjoyed the ship.
Hank
Old November 12th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Bisous3

Thanks Hank.