RCCL/Grandeur of the Sea/pool towel?

Old January 15th, 2010, 11:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Default RCCL/Grandeur of the Sea/pool towel?

Doees anyone know for sure if we get pool towels in our cabin or if we
have to check them out poolside?

Can't wait until next week to leave on a much needed cruise! It has been
11 months since our last cruise and as most of you know it has been a
very hard year for us!

sue
Old January 16th, 2010, 01:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Sue Mullen wrote:
Doees anyone know for sure if we get pool towels in our cabin or if we
have to check them out poolside?

Can't wait until next week to leave on a much needed cruise! It has been
11 months since our last cruise and as most of you know it has been a
very hard year for us!

sue

As of last week on the Jewel of the Seas, you got two in your cabin and
could get others on the pool deck.
Old January 16th, 2010, 03:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Goomba wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:
Doees anyone know for sure if we get pool towels in our cabin or if we
have to check them out poolside?

Can't wait until next week to leave on a much needed cruise! It has
been 11 months since our last cruise and as most of you know it has
been a very hard year for us!

sue

As of last week on the Jewel of the Seas, you got two in your cabin and
could get others on the pool deck.

Thanks. I hope the is the case of the Grandeur, but I hear that not all
RCCL ships do it the same way.

sue
Old January 16th, 2010, 05:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dean Worrell[_3_]

Sue Mullen wrote:
Doees anyone know for sure if we get pool towels in our cabin or if we
have to check them out poolside?

Can't wait until next week to leave on a much needed cruise! It has been
11 months since our last cruise and as most of you know it has been a
very hard year for us!

sue

Sue,

We were on the Liberty OTS in Dec '09. The pool towels were available
at the pool only, not in our room. You had to check them out on your
cruise card though. I never asked for more than 2 at a time so I don't
know where they drew the line on the number.

That worked out much better than lugging them from the room and lugging
the used ones back.

Enjoy your cruise.

Dean in Peoria
Old January 16th, 2010, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Dean Worrell wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:
Doees anyone know for sure if we get pool towels in our cabin or if we
have to check them out poolside?

Can't wait until next week to leave on a much needed cruise! It has
been 11 months since our last cruise and as most of you know it has
been a very hard year for us!

sue

Sue,

We were on the Liberty OTS in Dec '09. The pool towels were available
at the pool only, not in our room. You had to check them out on your
cruise card though. I never asked for more than 2 at a time so I don't
know where they drew the line on the number.

That worked out much better than lugging them from the room and lugging
the used ones back.

Enjoy your cruise.

Dean in Peoria

Thanks, but I hear it varies from ship to ship. As much as it is a pain
carrying your towels with you, I sometimes want a towel wraped around me
walking back to our cabin.

sue
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 1/16/2010 2:06 PM, Sue Mullen wrote:

Thanks, but I hear it varies from ship to ship. As much as it is a pain
carrying your towels with you, I sometimes want a towel wraped around me
walking back to our cabin.

sue

So just take one of the towels from the pool with you back to your
cabin? I do it all the time. What are they going to do? Tell you to drip
all the way back to the cabin?

Bill
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

when we were on granduer of the seas we could get pool towels from up on
deck. Do not know if they have changed that or not,it hasbeen a couple
years snce we sailed granduer. Hope we do not have the towels in our
cabin on explorer of the seas when we sail in 6 weeks. Let us know how
your cruise was,know it has been very hard for you both this year

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old January 16th, 2010, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dean Worrell[_3_]

Sue Mullen wrote:

Dean Worrell wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:
[...]

I'm sure you could keep a towel or 2 for a day or 2 and return it
whenever. They had a notice at the towel place stating if the towel is
not returned by the end of the cruise you would be billed $20 or so. Of
course if you take a used one back to your cabin you then need to take
it back to the pool deck.

Dean
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Bill wrote:
On 1/16/2010 2:06 PM, Sue Mullen wrote:

Thanks, but I hear it varies from ship to ship. As much as it is a pain
carrying your towels with you, I sometimes want a towel wraped around me
walking back to our cabin.

sue

So just take one of the towels from the pool with you back to your
cabin? I do it all the time. What are they going to do? Tell you to drip
all the way back to the cabin?

Problem with taking pool towels back to the cabin, is that we have to
make sure to return it. In the old days when they had towels by the
pool, you didn't have to sign for them which made it a lot easier. Just
left them in the cabin with our other dirty towels.

sue
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Surfer E2468 wrote:
when we were on granduer of the seas we could get pool towels from up on
deck. Do not know if they have changed that or not,it hasbeen a couple
years snce we sailed granduer. Hope we do not have the towels in our
cabin on explorer of the seas when we sail in 6 weeks. Let us know how
your cruise was,know it has been very hard for you both this year

Thanks Annie. It has been a very hard year, but finally we got some very
encouraging news on Thursday. Watch your email for an update in the next
couple of days.

sue