RCCL/Grandeur of the Sea/pool towel?

Old January 17th, 2010, 12:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Default RCCL/Grandeur of the Sea/pool towel?

Dean Worrell wrote:

I'm sure you could keep a towel or 2 for a day or 2 and return it
whenever. They had a notice at the towel place stating if the towel is
not returned by the end of the cruise you would be billed $20 or so. Of
course if you take a used one back to your cabin you then need to take
it back to the pool deck.

That is the thing, if I take towels back to my cabin I have to put it
where the cabin steward won't take it with the other dirty towels. Then
of course I have to remember to return it.

sue
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BeverlySills

Poor little suzie, with all the problems in this world, you are
worried about
some nonsense like that. What's the matter, is a towel too heavy for
you
to carry? Maybe you can have one of the cabin stewards tote it around
for you
while you think of other things to bitch about.
Old January 17th, 2010, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 1/16/2010 7:14 PM, Sue Mullen wrote:

Bill wrote:
On 1/16/2010 2:06 PM, Sue Mullen wrote:

Thanks, but I hear it varies from ship to ship. As much as it is a pain
carrying your towels with you, I sometimes want a towel wraped around me
walking back to our cabin.

sue

So just take one of the towels from the pool with you back to your
cabin? I do it all the time. What are they going to do? Tell you to
drip all the way back to the cabin?

Problem with taking pool towels back to the cabin, is that we have to
make sure to return it. In the old days when they had towels by the
pool, you didn't have to sign for them which made it a lot easier. Just
left them in the cabin with our other dirty towels.

sue

I will admit to not having been on RCI in a couple of years, but when I
was, I recall signing for towels but then you would just drop them in
the used towel area when done. Do they check them back in now? What
happens if someone takes them from your chair?

Bill
Old January 17th, 2010, 11:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Bill
wrote:

I will admit to not having been on RCI in a couple of years, but when I
was, I recall signing for towels but then you would just drop them in
the used towel area when done. Do they check them back in now? What
happens if someone takes them from your chair?

You will be charged if you leave them. I don't know if it is a fleet
wide policy or just on the Freedom class ships but that is how they
have done it on those. They have these huge expensive looking towels on
Freedom class with a Royal Caribbean logo that just beg to be taken by
those who want a free souvenir.

--
Charles
Old January 17th, 2010, 11:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Bill
wrote:

I will admit to not having been on RCI in a couple of years, but when I
was, I recall signing for towels but then you would just drop them in
the used towel area when done. Do they check them back in now? What
happens if someone takes them from your chair?

You will be charged if you leave them. I don't know if it is a fleet
wide policy or just on the Freedom class ships but that is how they
have done it on those. They have these huge expensive looking towels on
Freedom class with a Royal Caribbean logo that just beg to be taken by
those who want a free souvenir.

My last RCCL cruise was in 2004 and back then they had towels near the
pool and you did not have to sign for them. From what I have read on
cruisecritic, the sign or no sign policy varies from ship to ship on the
RCCL ships. This is why I was asking if anyone had any "current" info on
the Grandeur.

sue

Old January 18th, 2010, 12:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

My last RCCL cruise was in 2004 and back then they had towels near the
pool and you did not have to sign for them. From what I have read on
cruisecritic, the sign or no sign policy varies from ship to ship on the
RCCL ships. This is why I was asking if anyone had any "current" info on
the Grandeur.

Every cruise line has a different system and they seem to change it
every few years. Why worry about it? It will be what it will be.

--
Charles
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

My last RCCL cruise was in 2004 and back then they had towels near the
pool and you did not have to sign for them. From what I have read on
cruisecritic, the sign or no sign policy varies from ship to ship on the
RCCL ships. This is why I was asking if anyone had any "current" info on
the Grandeur.

Every cruise line has a different system and they seem to change it
every few years. Why worry about it? It will be what it will be.

I was just curious if anyone knew the latest and whatever it is, it is.

sue
Old January 18th, 2010, 04:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 1/17/2010 6:23 PM, Charles wrote:
In , Bill
wrote:

I will admit to not having been on RCI in a couple of years, but when I
was, I recall signing for towels but then you would just drop them in
the used towel area when done. Do they check them back in now? What
happens if someone takes them from your chair?

You will be charged if you leave them. I don't know if it is a fleet
wide policy or just on the Freedom class ships but that is how they
have done it on those. They have these huge expensive looking towels on
Freedom class with a Royal Caribbean logo that just beg to be taken by
those who want a free souvenir.

Are you talking about the cabin towels or the ones you get at the pool?
As I recall, at the pool you would sign them out on a sheet but they
were not checked back in. Have they done something (like computerize it)
so you can take them from one place and return them somewhere else and
show that you returned them?

I can understand keeping track of the room pool towels, I always thought
those were meant for when you were going ashore.

Bill

Old January 18th, 2010, 05:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dean Worrell[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

On the Liberty OTS pool towels were checked out/in by cruise staff on a
laptop by them scanning your SeaPass card. There was only one towel
checkout booth up near the main pool on the Lido deck. If you wanted
towels to take ashore you could check some out, go to the beach and
check them in after returning to the ship. We did not have any pool
towels in our room.

Dean in Peoria
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Dean Worrell" wrote in message

On the Liberty OTS pool towels were checked out/in by cruise staff on a
laptop by them scanning your SeaPass card. There was only one towel
checkout booth up near the main pool on the Lido deck. If you wanted
towels to take ashore you could check some out, go to the beach and check
them in after returning to the ship. We did not have any pool towels in
our room.

Dean in Peoria

On Liberty they bought those, I'll call them "whatever possessed them to buy
those" very nice logo towels... they are navy blue towels with the crown and
anchor logo on it.... a very nice design just inviting people to claim them
for a souvenir...

Hence all the effort to keep them from being claimed for a souvenir.

That's the only RCI ship I've seen anything like that on. Seems like a very
bad idea that takes way too much time to keep them from getting stolen.

--Tom