Seven Trips you should never book online

Old January 17th, 2010, 04:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Seven Trips you should never book online

Interesting article from CNN Travel. Seven Trips you should never book
online. One of the seven is cruising.

http://bit.ly/54hrP1

--
Charles
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

On 1/17/2010 3:44 PM, John Sisker wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
d...
Interesting article from CNN Travel. Seven Trips you should never book
online. One of the seven is cruising.

http://bit.ly/54hrP1

--
Charles

I thought this had been mentioned before, but I could be wrong. I guess
that's what happens when you're in one's kill file. It just shows that
this has more to do with the messenger than the message. But anyway, I

John Sisker

The article cited was written on 1/15/10. If you're inferring that you
posted the same thing, I didn't see it either.

Marsha
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

(MAS) wrote:

On 1/17/2010 3:44 PM, John Sisker wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
d...

Interesting article from CNN Travel. Seven
Trips you should never book online. One of
the seven is cruising.

http://bit.ly/54hrP1

--
Charles

I thought this had been mentioned before,
but I could be wrong. I guess that's what
happens when you're in one's kill file. It just
shows that this has more to do with the
messenger than the message. But anyway, I

John Sisker

The article cited was written on 1/15/10. If
you're inferring that you posted the same
thing, I didn't see it either.

Marsha

I think previously there was a similar article from msnbc, and that was
posted by John.

Old January 17th, 2010, 11:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jeff
Gersten wrote:

I think previously there was a similar article from msnbc, and that was
posted by John.

Don't have a clue. Similar is not the same. In any case Sisker is still
in my kill file and does not exist to me except when others quote him.
I just don't feel like reading his posts. And it is not because of his
half attempt to copy Ray. Ray has knowledge of the industry. Sisker
reminds me of the emperor without clothes. If he did not pretend to be
a travel agent I likely would not kill file him.

I thought the CNN article was interesting as whole. Not just the part
about cruising. The other trips the article mentions like a honeymoon.
A lot of things can be done online. But some trips should not be. I do
much of my shopping online. I am not against online booking for travel
either. I have done great with hotels and airlines. On cruises I have
the knowledge to do it myself but I have received a lot of goodies by
using a travel agent. Good ones know what is happening in the industry
and have knowledge from talking to cruise lines every day.

--
Charles
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

If Charles could book just one cruise for one client, he would be amazed at
how much he doesn't know.

Smooth sailing to all...
John Sisker

John, you wouldn't know a gift horse. When travelers as knowledgeable
and savvy about travel as Charles say they use TAs to book cruises,
don't you think you should jump up and down and embrace the
endorsement?

Diana Ball
Austin, TX