SVO to Kasanskaja

Old August 13th, 2011, 11:01 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jake[_3_]

Default SVO to Kasanskaja

I'm going to be landing at Sheremetyevo in a couple of weeks time (30.08),
how long does it take to get bags, go through immigration/customs and get to
Komsomolskaya Square for Kasanskaja station?

What's the best way to do this?

Old August 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 08/13/2011 12:01 PM, Jake wrote:
I'm going to be landing at Sheremetyevo in a couple of weeks time (30.08),
how long does it take to get bags, go through immigration/customs and get to
Komsomolskaya Square for Kasanskaja station?

What's the best way to do this?

It looks liked this is what you need: http://www.aeroexpress.ru/en/

My word, how things have changed since I was there. I guess there's no
point any more in telling you how you had you queue for hours to get
through immigration.
Old August 13th, 2011, 03:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jake[_3_]

"Tom P" wrote in message
On 08/13/2011 12:01 PM, Jake wrote:
I'm going to be landing at Sheremetyevo in a couple of weeks time
(30.08),
how long does it take to get bags, go through immigration/customs and get
Komsomolskaya Square for Kasanskaja station?

What's the best way to do this?

It looks liked this is what you need: http://www.aeroexpress.ru/en/

My word, how things have changed since I was there. I guess there's no
point any more in telling you how you had you queue for hours to get
through immigration.

Well, I have 5 hours to get from A to B. I hope that will be sufficient...

Old August 13th, 2011, 08:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerald Oliver Swift

"Jake" wrote in message

"Tom P" wrote in message
On 08/13/2011 12:01 PM, Jake wrote:
I'm going to be landing at Sheremetyevo in a couple of weeks time
(30.08),
how long does it take to get bags, go through immigration/customs and
get to
Komsomolskaya Square for Kasanskaja station?

What's the best way to do this?

It looks liked this is what you need: http://www.aeroexpress.ru/en/

My word, how things have changed since I was there. I guess there's no
point any more in telling you how you had you queue for hours to get
through immigration.

Well, I have 5 hours to get from A to B. I hope that will be sufficient...

More than sufficient.
An hour max for Immigration / Customs (30 mins on a good day)
45 mins on the AeroExpress to Belorussky Station
15 min transfer to Belorusskaya
15 min metro ride to Komsomolskaya
15 min transfer to Kazanskiy Station
Total time = 2 and a half hours max.
Distance travelled: about 20 miles (=8mph)!!

Gerry

Old August 13th, 2011, 10:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 08/13/2011 09:09 PM, Gerald Oliver Swift wrote:
wrote in message

"Tom wrote in message
[...]

Are taxis an alternative? They used be considered to be unsafe.
Old August 14th, 2011, 05:35 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerald Oliver Swift

wrote in message

"Tom wrote in message
[...]

A pre-booked taxi is totally safe - but also very expensive.
Sheremetyevo to Kazanskiy Station costs 1,800 Roubles (ca. 65USD). See
http://svo.aero/en/taxi/)
A combined AeroExpress/Metro ticket costs 350 Roubles (ca. 12USD). See
http://www.aeroexpress.ru/en/forPassengers/prices.htm

Gerry

Old August 14th, 2011, 02:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim....

"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote in message

"Jake" wrote in message

"Tom P" wrote in message
[...]

I don't for the life of me see how adding in the wait at immigration has got
anything to do with the average speed of PT!

(and the express takes 35 minutes)

tim