Loire Valley early September weather?

Old August 7th, 2011, 10:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dallas

Default Loire Valley early September weather?

We've been planning to pack a bunch of shorts and short sleeve shirts,
but may be over estimating the temperatures there.

This is the middle of summer and their high tomorrow will be 22C
(71.6F) and the low tomorrow night will be 9C (48.2F).

It sounds to me like long pants and sweaters will be needed.

Is there someone with experience that can help us figure out what to
pack?

--
Dallas
Old August 7th, 2011, 11:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dallas

Martin wrote:

The Loire Valley is one of the wettest places in France.

Great... :- (

--
Dallas
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 08/07/2011 11:02 PM, Dallas wrote:

We've been planning to pack a bunch of shorts and short sleeve shirts,
but may be over estimating the temperatures there.

This is the middle of summer and their high tomorrow will be 22C
(71.6F) and the low tomorrow night will be 9C (48.2F).

It sounds to me like long pants and sweaters will be needed.

Is there someone with experience that can help us figure out what to
pack?

Long pants and sweaters and shorts and t-shirts.

Spring in western Europe had record low rainfall and record hours of
sunshine this year, whereas July has been wetter and colder than at any
time for years.
The only way to know what the weather will be is to look at the
forecast the day before you fly.

Old August 8th, 2011, 07:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dallas

Tom P wrote:

Long pants and sweaters and shorts and t-shirts.

Guess I better get a second suitcase down from the attic... :- (

--
Dallas
Old August 8th, 2011, 07:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Paul Aubrin

On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 16:02:57 -0500, Dallas wrote:

We've been planning to pack a bunch of shorts and short sleeve shirts,
but may be over estimating the temperatures there.

This is the middle of summer and their high tomorrow will be 22C (71.6F)
and the low tomorrow night will be 9C (48.2F).

It sounds to me like long pants and sweaters will be needed.

Is there someone with experience that can help us figure out what to
pack?

September is generally a sunny, but not too hot, very pleasant month.

But August is generally a very sunny month with high temperatures. But
not this year. Weather is unpredictable. Three months ago the weather
agency were forecasting scorching heat and drought, we have 1°C below
normal temperatures and a lot of rain.

The Loire valley is not the wettest part of France. It is a mild
temperate place. Expect less rain than in Brittany, Normandy.

From the Meteo France web site
http://climat.meteofrance.com/chgt_c...climat_france?
73928.path=climatnormales%252FREG06

Town: Le Mans, September
temperatures 10.6°C (min average) 21.5°C (max average).
Sunny time : 166 hours
Rain : 9 days, 60.8 mm
Old August 8th, 2011, 09:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 131

More stoopid contris by martin.
In early september you could have +20 and cloudy sky or up to +30 heat.
Very often the heat appears at that time in the northern half of France.
The evenings could be cooler though but nevertheless pack the shorts and
short sleeves too, you'll need them.
As for the wettest part of France, it's not there, definitely.

Old August 8th, 2011, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 131

Of course.
martin is just here to pollute the on topic threads.

"Paul Aubrin" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

[...]

From the Meteo France web site

Old August 11th, 2011, 12:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dallas

Paul Aubrin wrote:

Three months ago the weather
agency were forecasting scorching heat and drought, we have 1°C
below normal temperatures and a lot of rain.

Lucky.

Here in Dallas, Texas we've had 41 straight days of above 37.8°C...

--
Dallas