Booking airfare online

Old December 17th, 2005, 11:09 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

Default Booking airfare online

I have always used a travel agent for my trips abroad. Recently I read a
story from the Globe and Mail that indicated 40 million people book their
airfare on line. Anyone here tell me about the pros and cons and what to
watch out for?

Wayne

Old December 19th, 2005, 06:34 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

Wayne,

I've been waiting to see if anyone responds to your question!

I've booked domestic flights within South Africa using the Internet and
haven't had any problems. If anything, it's a pleasure not having to worry
about tickets. The price is usually lower, but there are limitations, so
you need to read the small print.

I would not have a problem booking online, but I'd make sure it was an
airline I was familiar with.

Catherine
--
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==
www.africanbush.co.za

Old December 21st, 2005, 06:08 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

Advantages to booking on line:

Lower price than operator assisted booking.

Being able to view available seating and select or change your assigned
seats.

Getting email notification if there are any changes to your itinerary.

Receiving an "E Ticket" immediately via email and using the "E Ticket"
computer to check in at the airport where the lines are shorter than the
regular check in (if there is any line at all). You simply enter your
confirmation number, check the names of all of the other persons with
the same confirmation number that are checking in with you, and the
total number of pieces of luggage that you are checking on board. In a
short while, an attendant shows up with your printed boarding passes and
luggage tags. Your credentials are checked and your luggage is taken
from you right there.

People checking in with "E Tickets" normally do not have problems that
must be ironed out at the counter, which is why it moves so fast.
On line booking must be paid for with a credit card at once and usually
are not refundable. However, if you must cancel, they usually will give
you a credit which you may use for another flight within one year of the
issue date of the E Ticket. There might be a small re-booking charge.

B.A.

Please note: To avoid spam, unsolicited email is automatically deleted
unread by my server. Only mail which comes from those who are already in
my address book is put through. If you wish to send me an email, kindly
say so in a post before attempting to send the mail. I will then notify
you when my line is open to you.

Old February 17th, 2006, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

here is another site with links to airlines and comparison sites:
www.pointandtravel.com

Old February 19th, 2006, 03:05 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

Hello everyone,

How is everyone doing today? Here is a website that allows you to save
time and money by searching up to 200 travel websites for you and list
the best, up to the minute, prices available. You can search for
flights, hotels rooms, vacations, cruises and car rentals.

www.koehlertravel.worldventures.com

Corey