'non-tourist' place to stay required - oahu

Old April 19th, 2008, 03:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
tmoore829

Default 'non-tourist' place to stay required - oahu

On Apr 19, 7:58*pm, "Bobs your Uncle"
wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good place just to simply put our feet up at for a
stay June 28-July 4 this year that ISN'T IN WAIKIKI and DOESN'T COST THE
EARTH? Every single time a search is initiated, they always come back with
the usual tourist places, ie WAIKIKI!! All we want is somewhere quiet, clean
and reasonably cheap for the content. There will be be three travellers
requiring two rooms.

Thanks all in advance.

Try this link http://www.vrbo.com/47277. Maybe that website can help
you.

Tom
Old April 19th, 2008, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Graz

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:58:50 -0800, "Bobs your Uncle"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good place just to simply put our feet up at for a
stay June 28-July 4 this year that ISN'T IN WAIKIKI and DOESN'T COST THE
EARTH? Every single time a search is initiated, they always come back with
the usual tourist places, ie WAIKIKI!! All we want is somewhere quiet, clean
and reasonably cheap for the content. There will be be three travellers
requiring two rooms.

Thanks all in advance.

Hawaii is invariably more expensive than the mainland. If you're
renting a car, head for the North Shore for places to stay.

Old April 19th, 2008, 04:36 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Bobs your Uncle" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a good place just to simply put our feet up at for a
stay June 28-July 4 this year that ISN'T IN WAIKIKI and DOESN'T COST THE
EARTH? Every single time a search is initiated, they always come back with
the usual tourist places, ie WAIKIKI!! All we want is somewhere quiet,
clean and reasonably cheap for the content. There will be be three
travellers requiring two rooms.

Thanks all in advance.

Modify your search with "-Waikiki" , eg - "hotel oahu -waikiki"

Do be advised that for a number of years now the good folks in the islands
have been eschewing the budget, low end traveler for the high end, upscale
one....that is, moving "...from quantity to quality (or volume to margin)"
as per http://www.emc-hawaii.com/draftsummary.htm . Temper/adjust your
expectations for "reasonably cheap" in that context.

Old April 21st, 2008, 03:24 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Runge11

A very good B and B about 20 miles from Waikiki, in fact I know 2 of them,
both excellent

message de news:ItKdndjrWah4CpTVnZ2dnUVZ_viunZ2d@internode...

Old April 21st, 2008, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
y_p_w

On Apr 19, 5:58 pm, "Bobs your Uncle"
wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good place just to simply put our feet up at for a
stay June 28-July 4 this year that ISN'T IN WAIKIKI and DOESN'T COST THE
EARTH? Every single time a search is initiated, they always come back with
the usual tourist places, ie WAIKIKI!! All we want is somewhere quiet, clean
and reasonably cheap for the content. There will be be three travellers
requiring two rooms.

Thanks all in advance.

Kind of a stretch, but....

http://www.ymcahonolulu.org/accommod...central_branch
Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:32 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Bobs your Uncle

A very big 'thank you' to you all for your tips and pointers.

Now that I've done some digging, I can sincerely recommend this one to
anyone else who may be searching as I was:

http://www.affordable-paradise.com/index.php

Happy Holidays!!

Bob