Caribbean travel is dangerous !

Old October 24th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Donald Rumsfeld

Jim wrote:

If you believe that then you are a complete fool.

I'll tell you what's foolish.

Here's an analogy.

The approach the US is taking on the "war on terror(tm)" is as if
suddenly the brakes on cars stopped working and you decided that the
fix is to install padded guard rails everywhere instead of figuring
out why the brakes aren't working.

Instead of trying to understand why people thousands of miles away
become suicidal activists you instead create fortress America and
battleship America. Doing that might make you feel good in the short
term, but it will lead to the erosion of your own civil rights as you
slowly become a police state consumed with issues of security. Do you
want to have to pass through a metal detector every time you walk
through your front door every morning? It's coming to that...

(and no - you weren't attacked because of your rich and decadent
life-style. If that were the case the terrorists would have flown
their planes into down-town Amsterdam).
Old October 25th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Ken Tough

Donald Rumsfeld wrote:

Here's an analogy.

The approach the US is taking on the "war on terror(tm)" is as if
suddenly the brakes on cars stopped working and you decided that the
fix is to install padded guard rails everywhere instead of figuring
out why the brakes aren't working.

Not quite. It's more like blasting everything else off the road
so you don't crash into anything as you career along on two wheels.

--
Ken Tough

Old October 25th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Petal and Leif

"Donald Rumsfeld" wrote in message

(and no - you weren't attacked because of your rich and decadent
life-style. If that were the case the terrorists would have flown
their planes into down-town Amsterdam).

True. It is time for them to ask why they have so many enemies and why
people that used to be american-friendly now go against them.

Bush is BTW probably one of the most efficient recruiter to al quaida and
similar organisations. Not to mention all normal,decent people that now
look towards USA with disgust.
We were in barbados in april, and talked with someone at
our hotel why they had chosen Barbados. Well, they were ment to go to
Florida, but did not want to spend a single dollar in USA now.... And
there is a lot of people thinking like that now.

LA

Old October 25th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Petal and Leif

"Ken Tough" wrote in message In the months before
Sept/01, the US was plunging ahead with its
agressive 'unfriendly' world policy. It was strong-arming countries
to not sign up to the International Criminal Court (withholding
trade and aid to those countries which did not give Americans
immunity, or which signed up. I remember reading about the
American Service Members Protection Bill in the International
Herald tribune during a trip outside the states. I had not even
heard a whisper of the whole situation while living in the States.

I am not surprised that you did not hear about that when you lived in USA.

Are you southafrican? I always thought you are british...

Leif

Old October 26th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Petal and Leif

"Ken Tough" wrote in message Hmmm. Trickier. I'm
Canadian, but also British in last 10 yrs.
I've only lived in S.Africa for 3+ yrs, and won't be here for
that long.

One of the benifits from living a little here and a little there, is that
you learn to see things from different angels. If everybody had done so,
many wars would be avoided. Big and small.

LeifA

Old October 27th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Jim Johnson

I am an American and do not think at all like Johnson, but
unfortunately, a lot of my fellow Americans in the "heartland" in
Indiana DO think a lot like Johnson. Most of them wouldn't write a
diatribe full of obscenities like Johnson did, but they have a similar
"screw the world" attitude.

Ya know.. I may not even think the exact way you think I do.. don't think
just because I post things on here this way that is my true feelings..

BUT back to the point..
Fact is we all do feel "screw the world" because almost all americans
think our country is "God's Gift" we all have that same sense of pride..
We are brough up in gradeschool "KNOWING" we are "THE" superpower.. We
are all taught we are the moral conscous of the wold.

that is a FACT... we are __IT___

Back to Earth again: France is a country of pussies, they've always been
so..

Germany is a country of confused people.. they feel inferior to the rest of
Europe.. They still have a ton of guilt, even if the mass of people there
here now were not a part of the cause.. They still feel the problems of
their past.. they can not hide from that, it happened, it's in tons of
books, and movies.. Their largest problem is that they don't know if they
hate the USA or not... In many ways they wish the USA the best luck, and
yet they hate to feel like they are USA pansies.. But those Germans are
not so dumb as the French, those pussies are just plain stupid to the
core...

Fact is Europe has a LOT more terrorism problems than the USA.. the reason
is that they are not powerful, but also a big reason is becasue they are
pussies.. they are afraid to stand up to the terrorist..

Fact is in the USA, we had like 2 terrorist attacks since back in the Munich
Olympics in the 70s.. (that is international terrorist attacks.. we have
had our own weirdo terrorist who gun down schools). But those Arabs either
can't afford to get over here, or they are just too stupid to get into the
country, but most likely it is because they just "can't"

Back to my original point.. yes our thoughts here are "screw the world"...
Most people of most countries also think that way, it's not something that
just Americans think... If other contries don't think that way then they
don't have that much national pride.... Most governments do not respect
other countries, most governments just worry about local interest... Just
like my company mainly worries about it's own profits.. If you don't worry
about your own interest you'll be sorry....

Yes, I personally hate the thought of Kerry as President, he _Loves_ those
European countries.. Bush loves the USA.. I don't like Bush, but he's
definately the way lesser of two evils.. Some idiot said Kerry was going to
win the election.. they have no clue, the news has no clue.. only time will
tell... Of course a ton of idiots will come on line if their person wins
the election saying "I told you so"... but who gives a flying ****.. nothing
will change, Kerry will still fight aginst the Arabs if they **** with
us... Take it to the bank... It's not about Oil.. it's about the
American way, Don't **** with Texas.. or any place in the USA.. we are
powerful and I hope the wold knows this and keeps afraid of us becasue it
will gaurentte that wold wide violence (terrorist variety that is) will be
lesser...

Yea.. pussy countries will pay money to terrorist to free their hostages,
and they'll keep getting all their terrorist attacks in their country.. the
USA has had very little attacks.. one big one was all... Why.. because we
are strong, powerful and we won't put up with the bull****...

So YES.. I for one am very glad that one guy is scared of Americans.. I
pray that we stay in power of the world, because if we lived in France we'd
have a lot more people dying in night club bombings and stuff

Jim Johnson (Red, White and Blue to the BONE)

Old October 28th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Petal and Leif

"Jim Johnson" wrote in message

[...]

I belive you are joking now, right?