beaches at Atlantis

Old October 31st, 2004, 11:17 PM
Glen

Default beaches at Atlantis

Thinking about going to the Bahamas next year. I always hear that Atlantis
has great pools, but how is the beach area? How does it compare to other
resorts? This will be my second trip to the Carribbean. Went to Aruba 2yrs
ago(stayed at the Marriott) and loved it. I was thinking of going back, but
why not go somewhere new?

Thanks
Glen

Old November 1st, 2004, 01:55 AM
Rosalie B.

"Glen" wrote:

Thinking about going to the Bahamas next year. I always hear that Atlantis
has great pools, but how is the beach area? How does it compare to other
resorts? This will be my second trip to the Carribbean. Went to Aruba 2yrs
ago(stayed at the Marriott) and loved it. I was thinking of going back, but
why not go somewhere new?

I believe I'm correct that the beaches are all public.

grandma Rosalie
Old November 1st, 2004, 03:19 PM
Kyle Tucker

In article . net,
"Glen" writes:
Thinking about going to the Bahamas next year. I always hear that Atlantis
has great pools, but how is the beach area? How does it compare to other
resorts? This will be my second trip to the Carribbean. Went to Aruba 2yrs
ago(stayed at the Marriott) and loved it. I was thinking of going back, but
why not go somewhere new?

We have been to Atlantis twice and the Holiday Inn that previously
sat on the same beach once before that. I like the beach a lot for
swimming and activities. It's not a palm-lined beauty, but it has
pretty nice sand and water and it isn't too rough so swimming is
easy. Far down and to the left is a very nice protected lagoon which
is even better for swimming.

For other reasons, we will not return to Atlantis. We mostly went
there for our son's entertainment. The pools may be nice, but one
reason we won't go back is they close the pools at 5PM now! That's
ridiculous. Another is you can't use cash at the outside bars. You
either have to use a credit card or charge it to your room. They
said it was because employees were stealing money. That's their
problem - don't make me pay for it.

--
- Kyle
Old November 1st, 2004, 04:02 PM
John Ramsay

Can be rough as it's right on the Atlantic.

Quite high waves when we were there.

Cable Beach is protected by Paradise Island.

Atlantis is also pricey. You can get better deals
on Cable Beach and visit Paradise Island/Atlantis
by boat or cab. Even walk there.

There's Marriott, Radisson, Breezes, etc. on
Cable Beach.

Old November 1st, 2004, 05:58 PM
Rosalie B.

John Ramsay wrote:

Can be rough as it's right on the Atlantic.

It isn't right on the Atlantic. You need a geography lesson. The
Atlantic is way east of there. Nassau and Paradise Island are right
in the center area of the Bahamas. If I had to guess I'd say that
body of water was the NE Providence Channel (from memory without
looking at a chart).

Quite high waves when we were there.

Well that can be true.

Cable Beach is protected by Paradise Island.

There can be such high waves at the entrance to the harbour between
Paradise Island and Nassau that big ships aren't safe to make an
entrance.

But that's a bit unusual.