All Passengers Now Required to Have Passport

Old April 7th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Linsifer

Me, Dick. So far, with the little traveling I've done, I've only needed
my birth certificate (on cruises to Mexico). Never had the fortune to
fly to another country yet. Maybe someday.

But, that doesn't mean I have any problems with acquiring a passport.
Just hasn't been necessary. I can see that it will be for the future,
however. I figured it would only be a matter of time. :-)

Lindsay

Dick had posted:

Sunny,

Who travels anywhere these days without using a passport as their ID.

When we stopped going to Atlantic City and discovered Nassau in the
late
'80s, our ID was our passports.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old April 7th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Surfer E2468

Never travel anywhere without my passport,that is a must on my list.
surfer e2468

Old April 7th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Surfer E2468

Old April 7th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Jim

And the chances of it passing are 99.9% just as it is. Almost a rubber stamp
so you need to get your passport right away. Some TA's are actually telling
their customers not to worry about it. They are afraid they won't get the
sale if the people find out they need to cough up the extra money to get
passports. Shame on them.
Jim

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
On 6 Apr 2005 10:38:25 -0700, "Funcruises"
wrote:

It seems that beginning in 2006, all US passengers traveling to the
Caribbean and Bermuda will be required to present a US Passport to
re-enter the country.

Hi Everyone,

Keep in mind that this is a "proposed rule making will allow these
affected publics to voice concern and provide ideas for alternate
documents".

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Old April 7th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Charles

In article , Jim
wrote:

And the chances of it passing are 99.9% just as it is. Almost a rubber stamp
so you need to get your passport right away. Some TA's are actually telling
their customers not to worry about it. They are afraid they won't get the
sale if the people find out they need to cough up the extra money to get
passports. Shame on them.

People who don't have passports should get them but there is no need
for panic. If it goes into effect the first phase goes into effect
December 31, 2005. Today is April 6.

--
Charles

Old April 7th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On 06 Apr 2005 23:55:35 GMT, Roy Cochrun wrote:

Ray Goldenberg wrote in
:

Keep in mind that this is a "proposed rule making will allow these
affected publics to voice concern and provide ideas for alternate
documents".

That is not what the press is saying in Maryland. The rules have been
fixed in stone, from what was being reported yesterday afternoon for
2008.

--Roy Cochrun

Hi Roy,

Here is the last paragraph in it's entirety:
How will the new travel initiative requirements impact travel at the
land borders?

The Departments of State and Homeland Security understand that the
greatest potential change will occur at the land borders. The new
statute specifically mandates that the concerns of border communities
be considered. We recognize the implications this might have for
industry, business and the general public, as well as our neighboring
countries, and they are important partners in this initiative. The
advanced notice of proposed rule making will allow these affected

Old April 7th, 2005, 05:42 AM

Funcruises wrote:

It seems that beginning in 2006, all US passengers traveling to the
Caribbean and Bermuda will be required to present a US Passport to
re-enter the country.

The U.S. Government has announced a change in documentation
requirements as follows:

Effective Dec 31, 2005:
All U.S. citizens traveling by air or sea to or from the Caribbean,
Bermuda, Central America and South America are required to have valid
passports.

Efective Dec 31, 2006:
The requirement will be expanded to include air and sea travel to and
from Mexico and Canada.

Effective Dec 31, 2007:
The requirements expands to include all air, sea and land border
crossings.

In addition, while U.S. authorities currently do not have a legal
requirement that Canadians carry a passport, Foreign Affairs Canada
strongly urges all Canadians traveling to the U.S. obtain and carry a
Canadian passport before leaving Canada.

Supporting Articles:
http://www.travelwirenews.com/cgi-sc...035/003527.htm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ck=1&cset=true

According to these articles, if you're returning to the US after
12/31/2005, you're going to need a passport.

Uf Tukel
http://www.cruisecheap.com

Once again, kiddies: let's all say it together.

"Let me see your papers, please."