Ban Dolphin Encouter Programs?

Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:11 AM
mrtravel

Jimbo wrote:

I feel sorry for the family of the girl and the tiger.
The stupid ones are the girl and the handlers ofthe tiger. Too bad the
tiger didn'e go after the handlers too.
All for a damn pic with a tiger. DUH!!!
JDR

Did they get the pic?
Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:12 AM
Rosalie B.

"Sumyunguy" wrote:
"villa deauville" wrote in message
There is no comparison of a fenced in dog v a free dolphin.
Under the circumstances you refer to it could cover a prison full of
criminals fenced in . Wanna let 'em out?

SUNNY

Your logic is flawed. Criminals are sentient human beings that have chosen
to act like animals. The day I see an animal act like a sentient human
being will be the day we agree on this topic.

Animals act a lot better than humans.

Dolphins in the Swim programs are not domesticated, they are
imprisoned, and they do not live very long in captivity. Unlike some
zoo animals who live longer in captivity than in the wild.

grandma Rosalie
Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:30 AM
Charles

In article , mrtravel
wrote:

Why can't dolphins be domesticated? Weren't dogs once wild animals?

Who said they can't be domesticated? The fact is they have not been.
They are wild animals. We could speculate to high heaven if it is
possible but the fact is they have never been domesticated. Only a few
animals have been domesticated. Most animals can not be domesticated.

--
Charles
Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:36 AM
mrtravel

Charles wrote:

In article , mrtravel
wrote:

Why can't dolphins be domesticated? Weren't dogs once wild animals?

Who said they can't be domesticated? The fact is they have not been.

If some dogs are still wild, how do you know that some dolphins aren't
domesticated?
Old August 22nd, 2005, 05:23 AM
How B

Dillon Pyron wrote:
Thus spake "Sumyunguy" :

I have a dog in my backyard. He is fenced in also. Shouldn't we set all of
them free too?

Dogs are domesticated animals.

Now cats I'm not so sure about.

Cats yes--ours has us very well trained.

How B

Old August 22nd, 2005, 05:38 AM
mrtravel

How B wrote:
Dillon Pyron wrote:

Thus spake "Sumyunguy" :

I have a dog in my backyard. He is fenced in also. Shouldn't we set
all of them free too?

Dogs are domesticated animals.

Now cats I'm not so sure about.

Cats yes--ours has us very well trained.

How B

Cats can be domesticated, they are just a bit hard to herd.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 05:51 AM
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Sumyunguy" :

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
.. .
Thus spake "Sumyunguy" :

I have a dog in my backyard. He is fenced in also. Shouldn't we set all of
them free too?

Dogs are domesticated animals.

Now cats I'm not so sure about.

The Gorilla at the zoo. Is he domesticated? Do you feel he should be set
free too?

Now that you ask, ... Unfortunately, most zoo animals are ill
equipped to go back to the wild. They aren't fresh out of the veldt.
But most dolphins in captivity are first generation. Check out the
breeding success to see how many second generation dolphin pods there
are in captivity.

The orca at Sea World are considered wild and dangerous animals by
their handlers. They may act "tame" but they're 3 seconds away from
killing someone.

--
dillon

Pain is Nature's way of saying "that was stupid"
Old August 22nd, 2005, 05:56 AM
mrtravel

Now that you ask, ... Unfortunately, most zoo animals are ill
equipped to go back to the wild. They aren't fresh out of the veldt.
But most dolphins in captivity are first generation. Check out the
breeding success to see how many second generation dolphin pods there
are in captivity.

The orca at Sea World are considered wild and dangerous animals by
their handlers. They may act "tame" but they're 3 seconds away from
killing someone.

Sea World has been quite successful in breeding.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 12:51 PM
Sumyunguy

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
Animals act a lot better than humans.

lol I don't know what kind of conditions you are living in, but in my world
I would rather be a human than an animal.

Dolphins in the Swim programs are not domesticated, they are
imprisoned, and they do not live very long in captivity. Unlike some
zoo animals who live longer in captivity than in the wild.

According to the definition of Domesticate, yes they are! And as for not
living longer, I have heard this arguement before. These dolphins are
protected from enemies, given medical care, and fed strict diets according
to their needs. How is it possible they don't live longer? Do you have any
proof to back up this claim? No one yet has ever provided anything other
than the standard, "Well, it's just true, that's all" answer. Please give
me something more substantial than that and I will change my opinion on the
matter. And are you saying that IF it prolongs their life that being
"imprisoned" is okay in your words?

Old August 22nd, 2005, 12:53 PM
Sumyunguy

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , mrtravel
wrote:

Why can't dolphins be domesticated? Weren't dogs once wild animals?

Who said they can't be domesticated? The fact is they have not been.

That's NOT a fact. That's an opinion. And having an opinion is not proof.
Proof is when you provide something substantial that can be verified. Such
as when I showed you the definition of Domesticate and how it applied to
dolphin programs.