Memories...Do you remember?

Old October 1st, 2005, 08:21 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

How could anyone forget their first cruise? Ours was on the sister to your
first ship. We sailed on the original Crown princess, Eastern Carib from
10/19 - 10/26/91.

I loved their dolphin nosed shapes, Sue!

Yes, we both loved the lines of the ship. In fact we enjoyed the ship
so much that we sailed her again in her final season.

You started 4 years later then us and have gone on double the amount of
cruises that we have been on. Watch out and give us a little time and we
will catch up with you(grin).

I believe it, Sue..after Kevin retires and there is no such thing as *work*
holding you back!

All we have to do is keep saving our pennies, so we can sail all the
time(grin).

sue
Old October 1st, 2005, 08:32 PM
villa deauville

Ours was the Seaward NCL.
I will never forget that first sail away. I had been dreaming of that
day as long as I could remember
Sue I loved the original Crown Princess. She was our ship that we tok
from Cal to FL thru the Canal

SUNNY

S'nd I
XXX

(* _*)

Old October 1st, 2005, 08:41 PM
Charles

In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

Charles, you sound just like me! That is part of the reason that I am
talking about memories..I, just as you, have all the cruise dailies, ship
photo postcards, final shipboard account bill, menus, even bag tags and
plastic ship board cards when they started giving those..Talk about a pack

Yep. I have all that including the bag tags!!!

So what was the name of your first cruise ship? Glad you don't need a
hypnotist to remember..LOL!

Monarch of the Seas.

--
Charles
Old October 1st, 2005, 08:50 PM
Charles

In article , Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

Jean, the two ships were sister ships, but I am pretty sure that the
Pacific Princess was the original Love Boat. So much of the publicity
towards the end, said it was the Love Boat and I have a picture of me
and Kevin on the famous Love Boat staircase, they better no of been
lying to us(grin).

The ship in the series was called Pacific Princess. I think they used
both Pacific Princess and Island Princess for filming and maybe some
other ships also.

--
Charles
Old October 1st, 2005, 09:08 PM

Our first cruise was on Home lines Oceanic back in july4th 1981 out of
NYC to Bermuda and Nassau .The Oceanic was one of the biggest ships
then at 39000 ton !!! You had to dress up everynight .No resort
cruising then !! It was more like the hight end lines now .
Ken G.........

Old October 1st, 2005, 09:23 PM
Rosalie B.

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

I was just going through all the memorabilia from all our cruises and came
across our very first cruise.
Do you remember your first cruise and itinerary?

My first cruise was on HAL - the Nieuw Amsterdam from NY to LaHavre in
July 1950. We were at sea for a week and were a day late because of
the weather. We were in cabin class. The second cruise was the
return on the same boat from England to NY. I was 12 years old.

My husband's first cruise might have been when he was 17 (1953) in the
USNR on a submarine in the Chesapeake (although I think that was just
a day-trip or an overnight). But it was probably plebe year (1956) on
a USN destroyer. I don't know the itinerary, but I think he ate a lot
of saltine crackers to settle his stomach, and he said they had either
ham, bacon or sausage at every meal for a month. He still doesn't
like ham.

Our first cruise together was in the Chesapeake on our own boat in
1999. Two weeks. I don't remember exactly where we went (no printed
itinerary) but I think it was the Patuxent to the Cook Cove off the
Choptank, the Choptank to Selbyville off the South River, South River
to Bodkin Creek south of the Patapsco to my BIL's dock (and the only
place we came ashore), Bodkin Creek via Bloody Point Bar to LeCompte
Bay, Le Compte Bay to Cook Cove, Cook Cove to Sharpe's Island and back
to the Patuxent.

After 5 years of cruising in our own boat down the ICW and to the
Bahamas, our first cruise on a scheduled carrier was 2004 from
Baltimore to Bermuda

grandma Rosalie

S/V RosalieAnn, Leonardtown, MD
CSY 44 WO #156
http://home.mindspring.com/~gmbeasley/id1.html
Old October 1st, 2005, 10:06 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

villa deauville wrote:

Sue I loved the original Crown Princess. She was our ship that we tok
from Cal to FL thru the Canal

When we were looking for a round trip cruise through the Canal with
friends and saw that the Crown Princess was one of the choices, it was
a no brainer which one to pick. I was sorry to see it leave the fleet.

sue
Old October 1st, 2005, 10:20 PM
RichC

Don't be to quick to dump all the paperwork form past cruises. Our next
cruise will be our 16 Th. on Princess & thus will qualify us for the
Captains Circle as Elite members. The only hitch is that Princess only has
us down for having 12 past cruises. I contacted them & thought it wouldn't
be a problem having it corrected to include the missing 4 cruises but they
want proof of us having been on the cruises. (understandable). It was a
tough job but going back since 1986 I came up with boarding photo's, cruise
cards, etc. & faxed it to them & we're still waiting for a reply back.

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

I was just going through all the memorabilia from all our cruises and

came
across our very first cruise.
Do you remember your first cruise and itinerary?

I keep stuff from every cruise. That is the only way I would remember
the itineraries and cruises with the number piling up. Matter of fact I
am going to have to throw some of the stuff out since because with 20
cruises it is too much stuff. I got all the cruise dailys from every
cruise. I remember the ship of my first cruise and that it was a
southern itinerary but I don't recall the exact itinerary but I could
look it up. Thus I don't need a hypnotist to recall itinerary changes
cause I kept the dailies, but then is it really important to remember
all that or that we might have arrived a few hours late? I'll probably
toss them soon and just keep the cruise documents and a few things.

--
Charles

Old October 1st, 2005, 11:09 PM
Ed

Jean, I do remember my first cruise as it were yesterday. It was a two night
cruise to nowhere out of NYC in the early eighties. It was aboard the
Galileo, which later sunk off the Philippines.

I went with the Cognato's, the Palmeri's and other friends.

I was hooked and became an instant crusaholic.

Eddie

Old October 2nd, 2005, 12:50 AM
jcz

Mine was Eastern Caribbean on the old Westerdam. Left Fort Lauderdale,
first stop Nassau, then San Juan and then St. Thomas and finally Half
Moon Cay. HMC was so new at that time that they didn't even have the
swimming area roped off yet. I got caught in a riptide, but swam
parallel to shore and got back. It was my first snorkel, and I've been
addicted to that ever since. It was in April '98. Since then I have
been on 5 more cruises...another on the Westerdam to western
Caribbean, one on the Maasdam to western Caribbean, one on Horizon to
Bermuda, one on Galaxy out of Baltimore to eastern Carribean which
included St. Maarten, and one Windjammer out of St. Thomas to BVI. I
loved the Windjammer so much I probably won't go on a mainstream
cruise again.

June

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
m...
I was just going through all the memorabilia from all our cruises and
came across our very first cruise.
Do you remember your first cruise and itinerary?

Ours was the Regal Princess..October 14-21, 1995
Our itinerary was Southeastern Caribbean:
San Juan, PR
Bridgetown, Barbados
Mayreau
Martinique
St. Croix
St. Barthelemy
Back to San Juan

Got a late start, but have made up for it with 30 cruises since!

--Jean