Almost on topic - shuttles between JFK and EWR?

Old July 11th, 2006, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_1_]

Default Almost on topic - shuttles between JFK and EWR?

A friend will be arriving on an Air France flight at JFK, shortly before
9 pm on a Sunday, and needs a shuttle to EWR.

The shuttles services she's tried, have all stopped running by 7 pm.

Is there anything other than an expensive taxi? She's no longer young,
and I don't think she'd be up to dragging her bags on and off a series
of buses, trains, and subway cars.

Old July 12th, 2006, 09:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:47:09 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

A friend will be arriving on an Air France flight at JFK, shortly before
9 pm on a Sunday, and needs a shuttle to EWR.

The shuttles services she's tried, have all stopped running by 7 pm.

According to this page, the Princeton Airporter has frequent shuttles
from JFK to EWR until 10 PM, but clicking on the link requires that
you enter flight details so I couldn't verify it.

Is there anything other than an expensive taxi? She's no longer young,
and I don't think she'd be up to dragging her bags on and off a series
of buses, trains, and subway cars.

If you can't get a direct shuttle, the best thing I can think of is to
get the airport express bus from JFK to Penn Station, then the train
to EWR. You might have to change buses at Grand Central station, but
the bus driver would help transfer the bags. At Penn Station, I thnk
she could get a porter.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old July 12th, 2006, 11:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

B Vaughan wrote:

[]
If you can't get a direct shuttle, the best thing I can think of is to
get the airport express bus from JFK to Penn Station, then the train
to EWR. You might have to change buses at Grand Central station, but
the bus driver would help transfer the bags. At Penn Station, I thnk
she could get a porter.

You also need to change at Newark station for the airtrain, which might
require another porter.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old July 12th, 2006, 12:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_1_]

wrote:

A friend will be arriving on an Air France flight at JFK, shortly before
9 pm on a Sunday, and needs a shuttle to EWR.

The shuttles services she's tried, have all stopped running by 7 pm.

According to this page, the Princeton Airporter has frequent shuttles
from JFK to EWR until 10 PM, but clicking on the link requires that
you enter flight details so I couldn't verify it.

Is there anything other than an expensive taxi? She's no longer young,
and I don't think she'd be up to dragging her bags on and off a series
of buses, trains, and subway cars.

If you can't get a direct shuttle, the best thing I can think of is to
get the airport express bus from JFK to Penn Station, then the train
to EWR. You might have to change buses at Grand Central station, but
the bus driver would help transfer the bags. At Penn Station, I thnk
she could get a porter.

Thank you - I'll pass the information on to her.

Sheila

Old July 12th, 2006, 12:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_1_]

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:

[]

If you can't get a direct shuttle, the best thing I can think of is to
get the airport express bus from JFK to Penn Station, then the train
to EWR. You might have to change buses at Grand Central station, but
the bus driver would help transfer the bags. At Penn Station, I thnk
she could get a porter.

You also need to change at Newark station for the airtrain, which might
require another porter.

I guess I shouldn't complain about the hassle of connecting between
Heathrow ang Gatwick - NYC connections are much worse!

Sheila

Old July 12th, 2006, 01:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

S Viemeister wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:

[]

If you can't get a direct shuttle, the best thing I can think of is to
get the airport express bus from JFK to Penn Station, then the train
to EWR. You might have to change buses at Grand Central station, but
the bus driver would help transfer the bags. At Penn Station, I thnk
she could get a porter.

You also need to change at Newark station for the airtrain, which might
require another porter.

I guess I shouldn't complain about the hassle of connecting between
Heathrow ang Gatwick - NYC connections are much worse!

Yes, at least with LHR and LGW you have a bus, though a bit pricey.

Last time I was in NYC in April, I flew into EWR, but unfortunately the
company sent a limo for me. I say unfortunately, because I wanted to try
the airtrain!

Old July 12th, 2006, 02:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:36:03 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:

According to this page, the Princeton Airporter has frequent shuttles
from JFK to EWR until 10 PM, but clicking on the link requires that
you enter flight details so I couldn't verify it.

I see I neglected to paste in the link for the shuttle:

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/connmainewr.htm

Old July 12th, 2006, 03:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

In article ,

*From:*

*Date:* Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:02:32 -0500

In article ,

*From:* B
*Date:* Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:29:14 +0200

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:02:16 +0100,

(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy) wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:

[]
If you can't get a direct shuttle, the best thing I can think of
is to
get the airport express bus from JFK to Penn Station, then the
train
to EWR. You might have to change buses at Grand Central station,
but
the bus driver would help transfer the bags. At Penn Station, I
thnk
she could get a porter.

You also need to change at Newark station for the airtrain, which

might
require another porter.

No, I've got direct trains from Newark airport to Penn Station, so
surely there are direct trains on the way back.

There certainly were direct Penn Station-EWR trains last time I did it,
a couple of years ago. But I think the need for a porter that David is
referring to is in disembarking from the /bus/ at Penn Station and then
making one's way to the train.

Sorry, I've just realised I was confused in that posting. I thought you
were referring to NEWARK Penn Station, whereas obviously David's reference
must have been to the Penn Station in Manhattan. I don't know if trains
run directly thence to EWR.

I'll shut up now.